We stayed the Mandarin Oriental New York for my 25th birthday. I am familiar with the MO group, I have stayed at their Las Vegas property twice in the past. And to me the MO Las Vegas is one of my favorite hotels in the world. But now that I experience the MO New York, I think I have a new favorite. It was above amazing, above anything I dreamed of.
The check In was quick and efficient, very polite and hospitable (very common of the MO brand). They have this asian hospitality touch that I do not find in any other hotel chain in the world. As we get in the elevator, we smell the familiar and beautiful Mandarin Oriental scent (the one there seem to be in most of their property). Before getting into the room. I really must insist on how beautiful, high class and solid everything looks. The design of each area of the hotel is really a work of art, pure luxury.
They gave us a small upgrade, highest floor of the hotel and corner room facing the hudson river. It was nice being on the top floor of the hotel (54th), and the corner room really seemed to make the room bigger. We also had a larger view, from hudson river to columbus circle. The room was quiet large for New York standard. Maybe the corner rooms are larger than the regular ones, it's possible. The room looked so stunning, there's no word to describe the feel. Everything was so well designed and placed, we felt the feng shui 100%. Every detail, scent, the decor, the appliances, the quality of every single piece in the room is absolutely perfect. The bathrooms is so large and clean. We had a nice view of midtown from the bathtub. And all the bath amenities were amazing. The tv was great, lots of channels and the original Mandarin Oriental video and song which really fits with their MO atmosphere. Also there's a nice option of the tv to check the weather in the city and in your hometown, an updated folio of your spendings etc. The slippers and bathrobes are amazing, so comfortable. The bed is heavenly and the linens also. You could sleep for days. As I said they really went through every detail, and as a Mandarin Oriental fan, I got my ''fix''.
Outside the room.. The Lobby lounge is great, excellent for a coffee, drinks, or a small snack. It is usually very busy so making a reservation is prudent. But if you make it from your room, they can call you in your room when your table is ready and you can go down in a minute as simple as that. Such amazing service. The pool area is also superb, I went back to the pool every single day. The pool which is huge by the way, is on the 36th floor and you have a view on the nyc skyline. Also in the pool area you have the fitness center, it has new top quality equipment. There's showers, with Espa products and a sauna also. All this is complimentary if you stay the hotel or reside in the residences. The residences are located above the hotel and have a different entrance/elevator.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental New York is great. Unfortunately the one in their Las Vegas property is better, bigger and fuller. But this one in New York is good enough. I spent 2 hours there and felt very relaxed. Next time I will try a treatment because everyone that was coming out of the spa after a treatment looked like they had the best time of their lives. They also have great products for sale at the Spa Boutique.
I didn't have the chance to eat at their restaurant ''Asiate'' but I've heard good things and next time I'll make sure to go. But we ordered Breakfast in the room three days in a row. It was always excellent, the pastries are so delicious.
I don't understand why the hotel is not better rated in Tripadvisor, after reading a few reviews I am confused by the deception of some people. It is truly a gem and makes you feel so good and serene. I hope their prices don't go up because it's already high enough, probably the most expensive hotel in New York. Because I want to return there over and over again.
Thank you Mandarin Oriental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental