In my opinion, while staying in hotels in New York City, you get two views, city or river. Everywhere you go, everything you see are just rivers, buildings and more buildings. It gets a bit crazy that even if you were to get up to Empire State Building, are still rivers, buildings and more buildings, though from a different perspective.
Now back to Mandarin Oriental, New York, let's just say if you can afford S$1,000.00 plus a night then go for this hotel as it is luxury and high-end for New York City standard. First the rooms, I was fortunate to be staying in the Deluxe Hudson River View room which as it states, overlooks Hudson River. Being first time in New York City, I believed the rooms at Mandarin Oriental, New York are among the largest in similar category hotels. Big beds, spacious bathroom and great evening views from the Deluxe Hudson River View Room. There are also novels for your reading pleasure in which one may bring home at the end of the stay. Considering the price tag of paying for the room, why not! However, I would not recommend one to book the standard rooms as the view is partially blocked from Columbus Circus and is not very nice. Since you already decided to stay here, why not splurge more.
Another thing I love about this hotel is the swimming pool and gym located on the 35th Floor with decent size. Did not try the restaurant but the view is great and Asiate is voted is rated by Zaget as having the restaurant with the best view.
Location: Fantastic. On Columbus Circus in Time Warner Centre with shops and restaurants nearby and of course great spot to start walking Central Park from the south.
Overall, go for it if you are willing to splurge! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental