“Overpriced, not worth it at all”
Review of New York Skyride - CLOSED

New York Skyride
More attraction details
Owner description: Big screen simulated thrill ride located on the second floor of the Empire State Building.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The only good thing about this was that we didn't have to wait and it was part of our NY City Pass.
I can't believe they think this is worth $42. I am guessing it won't be open much longer.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We only did this as it was free with the New York City Pass but it turned out to be a complete waste of time. Part of this is due to the silly big build up prior to the sky ride with their cheesy videos.

Just don't do it, you'd be better off counting sheep.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Whilst at the Empire State Building, we used our New York Pass to go on the sky ride. Usual cost would be $42 per adult.
It's basically a cinema screen with moving seats to make you feel like you're flying through the city.
My problem was the image on the screen wasn't focused properly which made me feel very sick and I had to get off. When I got off another customer also said the same and left as well.
We'd only been on the ride a few minutes when we got off. No one asked if we were ok or anything no mention of a refund etc.
I would give it a miss

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to this 18 years ago when relatively new and had enjoyed the new technology of moving seats. However this attraction had not changed at all since then and I would have been really unhappy if we had paid for it ( was free with NYP). The film was blurred, cinema scruffy and sound muffled. Unless you get it as part of a pass, do not waste your time on it.
We both ended up with headaches too!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I didn't want to go on this, because I thought what was the point of sitting a room to look over the NYC skyline when you're already there. I got dragged along.

It's a waste of time and if you actually pay for it, money. It came included in our NY Pass and we decided to give it a go whilst in the Empire State, but I wish I never went.

Do not do it.