“Dated”
Review of New York Skyride - CLOSED

New York Skyride
More attraction details
Owner description: Big screen simulated thrill ride located on the second floor of the Empire State Building.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to this 18 years ago when relatively new and had enjoyed the new technology of moving seats. However this attraction had not changed at all since then and I would have been really unhappy if we had paid for it ( was free with NYP). The film was blurred, cinema scruffy and sound muffled. Unless you get it as part of a pass, do not waste your time on it.
We both ended up with headaches too!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I didn't want to go on this, because I thought what was the point of sitting a room to look over the NYC skyline when you're already there. I got dragged along.

It's a waste of time and if you actually pay for it, money. It came included in our NY Pass and we decided to give it a go whilst in the Empire State, but I wish I never went.

Do not do it.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a 1990's quality simulator. It's old, tatty, badly filmed by current day standards. It's delivered in a worn out theatre with poor sound and visual quality. The guide on entry (28/10/13 22:00) was rude, disinterested and using her mobile phone whilst setting up the ride and greeting guests.

We were 'free' with NY Pass and still felt short changed!!!!

Give it a miss.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I got free tickets for Skyride and OMG what a waste of time! I mean, it was ok spending 22 minutes (this is how long it takes to listen audio/video about NYC, Empire State Building, and 10 minutes actually "enjoying" skyride).

I guess you need 3D glasses, so that the experience would be complete but they don't offer you one. The picture is sometimes blurry so that is why I am thinking that with 3D experience would be much much better.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a waste of time. The guides are rude and the atraction always has tecnical problems. I went today and we have to wait for 20 minutes extra due to tecnical issues. Finally, I realize that there was nothing to wait for.. lame thing to do in a city that has a lot more to offer!!!
(Sorry if my english is not good, Im Argentinian)

1  Thank romiv86