“Go if you buy a pass I wouldn't pay full price”
Review of New York Skyride - CLOSED

New York Skyride
More attraction details
Owner description: Big screen simulated thrill ride located on the second floor of the Empire State Building.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Go if you buy a pass I wouldn't pay full price”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was really good however very short if I had paid full price for it I would have felt cheated. If you buy a city pass you should go to this as it's included.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TT310710

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stay away, save your money”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was also fortunate enough to have this as part of the new york pass, i would have paid $42 p.p if i didn't have the pass and i would have felt ripped off. This was one of the worst attractions i have ever visited. The "ride" moves way too fast and the video is completely out of focus so you cant actually conce trate on it and it makes you dizzy instead. The room was extremely hot too. I would not even recommend this to my worst enemy!

2 Thank pascalsweers
Barbados
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Needs a refresh”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Like so many of the reviews before - I was disappointed with this attraction. I was looking forward to it and it has so much potential. I actually enjoyed the ride part, motion simulator was good - but the video is so dated it needs a re-shoot in HD. I did this for free on NY pass, wouldn't have wanted to pay more than $10 for this.

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not so special 2D experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is something you can take after visiting the Empire State building. We only took it because we had NY Pass so it was free, otherwise it is not worth paying +25$/pax for it. It is like 15-20 min movie (half animated). Like you're in helicopter driven by Kevin Beacon, but done in slappy way. So, if you have NY Pass go for it, if don't, you won't miss it.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kreso C
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This was a terrible waste of money, my advice spend the extra money going to the 102 floor of the Empire State Building. The simulator ride itself was awful the screen was out of focus at points so you were unable to make out the buildings. Kevin Bacon talks you through and he was terrible half way through you are thrown into a star trek nightmare which was so outdated im sorry to say there is not one good point I can mention about the skyride, it was terrible.

2 Thank kelly w