“A great time in Central Park”

Trump Rink in Central Park
and up
Central Park Pedicab Tour
Ranked #173 of 1,138 things to do in New York City
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Also known as the Wollman rink, is a great way to spend sometime in Central Park. It has a festivity about it and gives you a great sense of some great movies being filmed there. It's iconic and worth the time to skate or just visit. Caution the location only accepts cash and the fees at the ATM are ridiculous so BRING CASH and just rent a locker for your valuables. The food is overpriced but that was expected and it's typical fast food.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have done Rockefeller but this was definitely better. My 8 year old loved it. The weather was cold and the prices were high, but it was the most fun I had the entire weekend! Good times.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our first experience with skating in NY was at Rockefeller and we paid the extra for the "VIP" package or whatever they call it, so that kind of set the bar. This rink doesn't have anything like that. We bought our tickets through a tour service, so we paid $5 extra, but we didn't have to worry about not being able to skate if they sold out.

I do wish they had some signs in Central Park showing us where to go, but we were able to ask and get directions. It's a pretty good walk to get there, but the park is nice.

The lines were pretty long, and by the time we got our skates on, it was time to resurface the ice, which took about 30 minutes.

Once we got on the ice, we had a good time. It was crowded, but it was easy to navigate around people. The scenery was awesome.

Now that we've skated in Central Park, we can check that off, but we probably won't do it again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had not skated in decades! I was a little shaky at first but got more and more confident as I found my groove! So much fun! I wasn't surprised at the price. I figured that's how much it would be to skate anywhere and it's more about the experience anyway! Lots of fun photo ops with the big buildings in the background. I would recommend ice skating in Central Park to anyone visiting the city! Perfect holiday activity!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lower any expectations you have. We paid $104 to skate!! For that price ($27 ea) you'd expect great treatment and great skates! I went through 4 pair of skates ( blade not even centered on bottom of skates) so plan to look like a beginner even if you have skated for 30 years- your feet will hurt and the skates/blades are worthless. Then, pay MORE money to lock up your stuff- no purses on rink so don't bring valuables.... Once on rink- don't skate backwards! One of the military skate guards will immediately tell at you...after all that wonderful fun don't expect them to keep their schedule- they close 10 min early and yell at you to leave the rink. We wanted a pic and the rude military guard actually stepped in between is and the camera and demanded that we leave NOW. We stated that we still had 10 min and he stared us down and yelled at us. How's that for service when you have paid an arm and a leg to be there?? And it doesn't end there!!! Once inside they yell loud at everyone to get their skates up to the counter!!! This place was a total and complete disappointment and rip off...

5  Thank Midwesternfam