“Good family outing”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Good family outing”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I am not a winter activity person- but I have a household of younger folk - that being said we went to the rink I was sure I would hate it. I really didn't! It's a lil smaller than I thought it would be but the experience was fun. If you can get a good spot your able to view all the skating rink-side. If you prefer to be indoors there are tables where you can order food & eat in a relaxed atmosphere. The down side was the crazy system for skate rental / lockers. This could be just a tad more organized. My husband is already talking about this years trip- I'd better dress warmly- as should everyone planning to view skating rink side. See ya' there!

Los Angeles, California
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Victoria Gardens @ Wollman Rink”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Got kids under 9? A perfect little amusement park modestly priced in central park. About a dozen different rides & a cooling fan for hot summer days... A nice little afternoon... Highly recommend!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“One of my holiday highlights!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had my heart set on ice skating in Central Park when my boyfriend and I came here and I was not disappointed! My boyfriend was a little unsure of the idea (built like a bean pole and at +6ft, he's a little unsteady and top heavy on skates), so I offered to pay for the both us, which in total worked out to be about $50! It starts off reasonable pricing, but the skate hire and locker hire soon bump it up. However, you're in New York, so not really the place to be stingy with money (if you've saved up spending money, it is there to be spent after all!)

Anyway, despite being so unsure, my boyfriend ended up absolutely loving it! There were no time restrictions, we were free to enjoy ice skating for as long or as little as we liked. The whole experience was amazing, whizzing round the rink in Central Park! Although it was beginning of March, it was a beautiful sunny day which made the whole thing even more enjoyable, taking in the fantastic views of the buildings all around you.

It is well worth the money, I highly, highly recommend it. It's a great laugh and experience I'll always remember. Loved it!

Also I would definitely recommend coming on a weekday, it was quite quiet, hardly any kids and plenty of room to move about!

Visited March 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“This was my dream”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I skated here with my mom on Monday March 26th. We went around 1:30 in the afternoon, and there was only a handful of skaters. They do play music, my favorite was "Thriller" by Michael Jackson! We paid $45.50 for two admissions, skate, locker and lock rental. You receive $6 back when you return the lock.

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A Lovely Ice Rink In The Most Picturesque Setting”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

What a sight ! This extraordinary ice rink sitting right in the lovely corner of Central Park....