By most measures this hotel was average - neither conveniently located for my mid-town meetings nor having any outstanding amenities. Just another hotel offering a great rate because it was out of the way.
Located right beside the Brooklyn bridge, without much signage, the initial impression was not positive.
What a surprise! The staff was very welcoming and helpful. In particular I would like to call out Larry, who worked the front desk in the evenings throughout my stay. He went above and beyond - helping me with travel plans and recommending local places to eat. If the Hampton Inn has a concierge training program for its staff - Larry should be on the top of the list.
The room was larger than most Manhattan rooms and there was good lighting and more than enough electrical outlets conveniently located around the room. There was little else that recommended the property - which at first blush seemed located in among parking lots and industrial type apartment complexes and long term care facilities.
Well what a surprise. The location just took a little exploration. There was a great old district with cobbled streets that bordered on the East River. In just a five minute walk I had a wide variety of restaurants and take-out spots on Fulton street that were easy on the wallet. There were some little historic gems hidden in side streets which heralded from before the war of independence.
What initially seemed like an inconvenient and uninteresting location - turned out to be both interesting and economical.
One suggestion - please have a billing option for leaving tips. For those of us who travel frequently and do not carry cash - having a way to tip excellent staff would be greatly appreciated. This is available at other hotel chains and offers a way for appreciative travelers to reward great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2006, this New York City hotel is in Lower Manhattan's Financial District. The South Street Seaport is just two blocks away.The Hampton Inn serves a complimentary On the House hot breakfast buffet daily. Guests in a hurry can grab a complimentary On the Run Breakfast Bag weekday mornings.Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, meeting rooms, and guestrooms. Each afternoon, the hotel provides complimentary warm cookies with milk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn New York Seaport / Financial District Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Financial District
- Hampton Inn New York City
- New York City Hampton Inn