“Good value in great section of lower Manhattan”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #263 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My daughter had a college audition at Pace university so we stayed here for one night. Pace is a 10 minute easy walk from here and the Seaport is right down the street, so it's in a good location. The hotel is what it is - nothing fancy, but clean. Front desk staff was very helpful giving us directions and restaurant recommendations. We ate dinner at Acqua which is a 2 minute walk. Great little Italian restaurant. Try the lamb chops! They came with sautéed spinach and roasted potatoes - great! Don't let the construction in the street keep you from going here. Back to the hotel - my only complaint was the "fitness center" which has an old treadmill and stationary bike in it - that's it. Complimentary hot breakfast was fine. Included oatmeal, omelet, sausage, cereals and assorted breads. Again nothing fancy but certainly adequate. Considering the location, cleanliness of room and helpfulness of staff I would stay here again - good value in a great section of Manhattan.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary M
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Gary M:

Thank you for taking the time to write a warm review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Seaport.
We look forward to have another opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Seaport in January 2013 when we were in New York for business trip. The hotel is within an easy walk of the financial district and lower Manhattan attractions. Maybe more importantly, this is a really nice, new, and clean hotel with updated rooms and bathrooms. Great morning breakfast and amenities! Plus, the staff were fabulous - especially Larry who even saved some of the freshly baked cookies when he knew we would want some. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear AMurphynola:

Thank you very much for a great review. Larry truly is a very valuable and accomodationg employee and we are very proud of him. I am happy to know you enjoyed our hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm a little late with this review as we stayed here in Sept. 2012. The purpose of our visit was to bring our daughter to Pace University where she was starting her first year of college. We couldn't have picked a better hotel. First of all, the location is just a short walk to Maria's Tower, the freshman dorm. We just walked up the street with all her stuff for dorm move in day. Also, it is a very short walk to South St Seaport. As is it seems with most Manhatten hotels, a subway was not far away. The people who work at this hotel are both friendly and efficient. It was obvious why we were there and the the 2 desk people were excited with us for such a big event in our daughter's life. Later, a small welcome gift with a congratulations note was left in our room- what a nice personal touch! The room itself was very comfortable and we all slept well. Even if we were not going to New York for a visit to Pace, we would still stay at this hotel. A comfortable, reasonably priced hotel with friendly people- can't ask for more

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ADLG
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear ADLG:

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and thank you for inspiring us.
We are glad you enjoy it and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Generally the hotel would have received better points, but I experienced some problems with payment for my room. While checking in I was not informed that my credit card would be charged the same day. I assumed that I would pay (in cash) when I would check out the last day of my stay, as we usually do in Europe. So my card was charged, and actually it was overcharged at least for 1 night as I had to pay also cash for 1 night while checking out. Now I have been waiting for the answer from the hotel for 2 days already, and am not sure if they react at all. So this aspect has been a real disappointment and wasted time.

Otherwise, as I stayed on an upper street-side room, I had a great city view and the room was relatively quiet. Satisfied with cleanliness and bed. Free wifi, so it was comfortable to have oversees skype calls.

The breakfast room was crowded as has been mentioned in many reviews, but there is always possibility to take your food in your room. The food was the same almost every day, but eatable. I am not used to such amount of disposable cups and plates though, but again this is what distinguishes US from Europe.

The area might get somewhat boring for longer stays, but again this choice depends on purpose of the stay. Last time I stayed at the 59th street and the next time would probably choose midtown. For shopaholics there is Century21 department store nearby.

Airport transfer provided by the hotel is ca USD 20 cheaper than the regular cab.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Blond72

Dear Blonde72:

We appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience.
Your comfort and well-being are of the highest importance to us and I am happy that this situation has been corrected immediately.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is quite small, but comfortable and efficient. The staff was excellent and helpful. The rooms are small, which is to be expected in Manhattan, but were well designed. Even though it is next to the Brooklyn Bridge and the Seaport area, it was very quiet for Manhattan. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LakeWylie
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and it was great. Staff very friendly especially Jennifer on the front desk. Rooms not overly big but adequate. Beds were super comfy and breakfast in the morning was a great way to start the day. We had a room overlooking Brooklyn Bridge which was great. Quiet location for sleep purposes. The area itself had several restaurants, fast food outlets and shops nearby and the subway was about 5 minutes walk. Would not hesitate to stay here again, well done!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel to NYC once or twice a year and try to stay in different places each time if I can, because New York is a city of cities, each with a different feel. This Hampton might make it tough for me to try a different place soon. Easy access to the subway (Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall stop for J, Z, and 6) just a block up the street, decent restaurants and coffee shops nearby, and decent rates + breakfast at the hotel add up to a winner. Having the Brooklyn Bridge right outside your door is a winner. Chinatown a short walk, too. Rooms a clean, quiet, and surprisingly spacious by NYC standards. Breakfast area is tiny for a Hampton, but you're not there for the environment; it's the fuel. Desk staff friendly and warm.

Stayed: December 2012
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Kem A:

We would like to thank you very much for a very positive review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location, staff and hospitality. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward seeing you again soon.