“Great hideaway”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #246 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My cousin and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of August. There was construction outside, but besides seeing it from the window, we would've never known otherwise. Larry and the staff were amazing, from helping us with the 9/11 Memorial tickets, to telling us the best subway line to get somewhere. And hailing us a cab back to the airport. Breakfast was in a small space, but plentiful in selection. Great for those picky eaters. Room was super clean, small, but what do you expect in NYC? Overall, the best hotel experience I've had. Would definite stay again if I ever get the chance to visit again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear 808carolynb:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I was happy to read you enjoyed our hospitality. It was a great pleasure having you as a guest. I will share your comments with my team. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District

Reviewed September 7, 2012

In NYC for 5 dys. with my 80 y.o. parents, celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary. Loved, LOVED this Hampton Inn. Staff remembered to give a bottle of wine to my parents. Everyone, including Nino, Larry, Freddie & cleaning staff, were so helpful. The breakfasts were fantastic: omelettes, pour your own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, fruit cubes, danish, toast, 3 types of cereal, choices for coffee, tea & hot chocolate. Neighborhood incredible, friendly, safe...complete w/couples w/strollers. Close restaurants run the gamit fm "Grandmothers House" to high end foodie joints. Rm beautiful, little tight, wish there were dresser drawers. My little doxie liked it too. Again H.I. staff VERY accommodating w/dog. Would definitely stay here again. I hope sooner than later!! SATISFIED!

Room Tip: Would love to try one of their rooms that have a balcony/deck. We needed 2 beds, those are for singl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for the wonderful review about your experience at Hampton Inn-Seaport.. We are glad you enjoy it. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation and we thank you for taking the time to share your story here.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a typical NYC hotel in that it has small rooms in a small, almost obscure, building but it has a lot more going for it. Great front desk service, great location with lots of good restuarants in the area. It's clean and relatively new, with a decent breakfast, comfortable but almost too soft beds and cold quiet AC's. Downsides are loud banging doors and nightly construction next door (tearing down the old post office in Manhattan) but the hotel can't control that. The fitness center consists of two pieces of equipment, stationary bike and a treadmill, in a room the size of my closet at home. This is New York . . . forget about it (working out that is!)

Room Tip: I would stay as low as you can right now due to the construction.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great located hotel.
Staff was really pleasant, Larry at the reception will help you have a wonderfull stay!
Small lobby and small breakfast area, but you usually don't come in NYC to stay for a 2 hours breakfast in a hotel, right?

Room Tip: On the 5th floor, we did not have any "noise" problem, except for the doors when they are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived earlier and they found a room for my family. All the staff was very helpful. I wil recomend if you are staying in the area. The location is perfect, you can walk to a lot of place like 911 memorial, Seaport, City Hall, Trinity Church, etc.
Breakfast was good and plenty of food. I will use the next time we stay the this area of NY.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Robert M:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was happy to read you enjoyed your accommodations and our staff. I will share your comments with my team. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here last spring and after a night out, returned to my room and found it flooded with water. When I went downstairs to check, they told me the toilet had overflowed because I put too much toilet paper in the toilet. I asked for a new room and they said they didn't have one and I would have to stay in the room I had been in. I complained and they offered a full refund. I asked what else they could do and the night manager said he'd have someone call me. When I went back upstairs, I discovered that the toilet handle was faulty - whenever you flushed the toilet it remained pressed down and that's what caused the flood. I called downstairs to explain this but the night manager didn't seem to care. After spending the night in the flooded room, the next day I got a call from the day manager. She reiterated the claim that it was my fault that the toilet flooded - I explained once again that the toilet was broken. After some back and forth, she agreed that they would refund me and also issue a one night free voucher. Fine. We hung up. Months later, I received the free night voucher but the charge was never removed. After calling several times they stopped returning my calls. I finally filed a dispute with Amex and in their response, the Hampton Inn's report was full of lies and exaggerations. This is how they treat their hotel guests (and I am even a Gold HHonors member)? So disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Jorje M:

We appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at the hotel during your stay. I'm very concerned about your comments regarding your experience. Please let me convey my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our service during your stay. In order to better assist you with the billing issues, please contact me directly at 212.571.4400. If your travel plans should bring you back to New York City, I hope you will allowing us the opportunity to show you levels of service and accommodation much improved.

Your comfort and well-being are of the highest importance to us and we hope to correct this situation as soon as possible. Thank you.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

great seaport location
price and service were great. room a little tight with 2 queen beds in there ,but very clean with no problems. my bed was a little 'springy' though. the staff were very accommodating and always met with a smile. easy walking distance to seaport glitz and 15min. walk to little Italy. parking garage across the street was a big plus. make sure to get front desk to validate it.
my family and I have found a new launching spot for nyc fun!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scott1459
Nino M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Scott 1459:

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We value you as our loyal guest and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the near future.

Nino Mjavanadze