We made our reservation directly with the hotel over a month before our trip as we were bringing our relatives from Italy for a 'tour' of America. We had 3 women staying in one room, our uncle in another room and my husband and I in the 3rd room.
When we checked in, even though I specifically requested one room had to have 2 double beds, they still gave us 3 rooms with king beds. When I asked them to change the room, they told me they were sold out that night and could possibly change the room the following night. In the meantime, we asked for a rollaway bed, as we were leaving for dinner and wanted to have it ready when we returned. When we returned 3 hours later, the rollaway bed still had not arrived so we asked him to bring it up immediately. He said he would but when he finally arrived with the bed (about half an hour later), my relatives were already changed and in bed and asked he leave the bed outside. We had just flown in that day from Italy and were exhausted. The staff seems very laid back...not at all the Hilton standard that we are used to receiving at other Hilton chains.
On the plus side, it was the cheapest hotel we could find in Manhattan with a good location (just a short walk from the train station), quiet area, clean hotel, super comfy beds and breakfast was included. Breakfast was actually very good and the customer service improved greatly over the stay. Perhaps because our family seemed happy sleeping 3 to a bed and so we didn't need to change rooms (not that they were beating down our door to try and help us with the situation). But overall, it was a good experience, despite the initial bad first impression.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2006, this New York City hotel is in Lower Manhattan's Financial District. The South Street Seaport is just two blocks away.The Hampton Inn serves a complimentary On the House hot breakfast buffet daily. Guests in a hurry can grab a complimentary On the Run Breakfast Bag weekday mornings.Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, meeting rooms, and guestrooms. Each afternoon, the hotel provides complimentary warm cookies with milk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn New York Seaport / Financial District Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Financial District
- Hampton Inn New York City
- New York City Hampton Inn