“Harlem Spirituals Gospel tours on Wednesday”
Review of Harlem Spirituals

$69.00*
Uptown and Harlem Food Tour
Ranked #168 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 25 years, Harlem Spirituals - New York Visions has offered unique sightseeing tours of cultural value that capture the excitement and flavor of New York City. Our Harlem Gospel tours and Harlem Soul Food and Jazz tours guarantee to make you a part of an unique experience. Discover the rich history of this legendary New York City neighborhood and enjoy the soul-stirring power of live gospel and jazz music. Complete your tour experience with a delicious meal at some of Harlem's most fashionable restaurants. Beyond Harlem, our New York sightseeing guided tours take you off the beaten path to soak in the local flavor and really experience the diversity of New York and its fascinating neighborhoods of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. All of our NYC tours are offered year round in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese on board deluxe motor coaches. Harlem Spirituals - New York Visions also offers services and packages with hotel accommodation, airport and city transfers, cruises, city passes, attractions and Broadway shows. Whether you are traveling with a group or individually, let us plan your next New York vacation from start to finish!
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We joined the Wednesday tour, the tour was a good one the problem was to set your expectations.
We though we are going to walk Harlem streets and then join a service.
The tour is a bus tour where they point the NYC main monuments, then we attended the gospel query which on Wednesdays is for tourists and that is it.
For us it was a waste of time we wanted to walk the streets to see the people to see the neighborhood all this wasn’t there.

The guide was a very good one and friendly willing to share information and help!

If you want to join this tour buy directly at their web site
[--]

There are newer reviews for Harlem Spirituals

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We went to Harlem on the tour on Xmas Day.. We will never forget this experience. The Church Service, the Tour & The Cotton Club, WOW what a Christmas Day, Thanks to Harlem Spirituals.. A BIG thank-you to our Guide Robert who was just Fantastic..

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The tour was ok and the guide was also genuine and knowledgeable, however we did not get to stay for the church service and while the church was definitely gospel, it was very small, hence it left something to be desired. Additionally, the Cotton Club was a joke and it is not the original Cotton Club. Again, it was ok and probably priced too high for what we got but it was not just terrible. Knowing what we know now, probably would have done something different.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Harlem Spirituals offers numerous tours. My group decided to go on the Jazz Tour through Harlem. We choose this tour because we wanted a fun night out for our employees and that is exactly what we got! We all meet in front of Harlem Spirituals headquarters and from there got on the bus. The bus was beyond what I was expecting. The seats were comfortable, the AC worked and you could hear the tour guide over the microphone/sound system well. The tour had many interesting facts, much of which I did not know. We went passed central park, the Apollo and much more. Our first stop was at Sylvia's. I have never had Soul Food but my god it was good. There where family size portions and everything was delicious. When I think of fried chicken I think of KFC greasy chicken. Here, the chicken was perfect and it came with traditional sides like collard greens and corn bread. The dessert was TOO DIE FOR. It was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted in my entire life. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. From there we went on more of a tour and down the Cotton Club. There was saw a many performances both big band and solo. They house a very special musician who is said to be the next BB King. What a treat right? The people there were very engaging and the tour came with 2 drinks on the house alcoholic and non alcoholic. WHAT A BONUS. Overall, I would say the tour was splendid and a perfect way to spend a Monday night!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Had a wonderful time on the Harlem Spirituals tour, when my folks came over from Italy in August. Originally we had booked the tour for the weekend of Hurricane Irene. The people at Harlem Spirituals were great in re-scheduling our tour. My parents didn't know what to expect, and neither did my kids, since I typically would have taken them all to other places. But I'm glad we went on the Harlem tour. Great and moving service, great singers, great tour guide. My parents are still talking about it!!! (But, skip the brunch.....)

2  Thank Martin B