“Top Location,Service first class. Very Cool !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maritime Hotel

The Maritime Hotel
Ranked #118 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sydney
“Top Location,Service first class. Very Cool !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our 2nd hotel in NYC. The 1st one we stayed in was in Upper Westside near Central Park.
This one was in Chelsea. Further downtown.
Rooms were shaped like a room in a boat. Well that shouldn't come as no surprise !
The staff were so very friendly and cool.
I would recommend this place to anyone. It is very well postioned on Manhatten.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Bondiiceberg-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to share your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed the location and the hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. Please let us know if we can every be of assistance in the future. All the best, Matt Moore - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

So happy I ran across this gem of a place. I found it on a "Hotel Booking" website and took a chance sight-unseen based on the positive reviews. I'm glad I did. The hotel has a very cool vibe and is centered in one of my favorite NYC neighborhoods -- a block from the Chelsea Market, and a short walk from the Highline. Countless bars and restaurants go without saying. And while I never spend extra time in my hotel when I'm in NYC, this place has tempting common spaces to hang out -- a great lobby area worthy of chilling with a book by the fireplace, an attractive restaurant with ample outdoor seating on a nice day, and a bar complete with a pool table for a lighter bit of socializing. My room was also surprisingly sized by Manhattan standards (not huge, but very comfortable for someone who is 6'4"). It may not be for the light-sleepers or early risers (I'm neither), as the surrounding area can be "lively," but this place is a keeper. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
SJMoorison-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed, thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. It's always exciting to hear how guests come across finding us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. So glad to hear you were able to enjoy and utilize many things that the hotel has to offer and the location. This area is definitely a highlight for what this great city has to offer. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future.
All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager
Upstate New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Located in the bustling Chelsea neighborhood, the nautically themed Maritime Hotel is distinctive, comfortable and clean. Small enough to be personal, but large enough to offer the amenities of a big hotel, this is a fun place to stay.

My room at the Penthouse eve was comfortably appointed, spacious and importantly - quiet. It proved to be an oasis from the sounds and stresses of the city, while providing full access to NY's charms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Docsconz
Docsconz- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the neighborhood, the amenities we offer, and one of our 5 Penthouse rooms. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime.
All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Maritime for the weekend. As soon as we arrived we felt welcomed. The lobby was amazing and I actually felt like I should grab a book and hang out by the fireplace. The staff was extremely professional and friendly and made us feel right at home. Our room super nice and had an amazing view of the Hudson River. The location is perfect with access to the subway a block away. Walking distance to the high line and some great restaurants. The gentlemen at the front desk suggested the Spotted Pig which was amazing and in walking distance. If you like cocktails the bar has a great twist on a manhattan, but watch yourself they are strong. We only had breakfast at Bodega but it was tasty. All in all we had an unforgettable experience in NYC and the Maritime was big part of it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MarcC- Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed, thank you so much for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as well the ambiance that we have to offer. It is a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. All the Best, Matt Moore- General Manager
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Maritime Hotel on 9/11 to 9/16. The service from the front entrance to the Front Desk staff and manager (Patricia) treated us with such great professionalism and comfort. The ambiance is romantic and chic and the location was true to the spirit of NY. The front desk staff was extremely helpful in pinpointing great restaurants in the area and of course prices. I'm a native Nyer who lives out west now but I know what I want, how I want to be treated and I know great places to visit but it's always good to get feedback on new restaurants in the area. Why stay somewhere else? The rooms are cozy and well kept along with both the exterior of the hotel and lobby. This is a really super cool hotel and you may be lucky to see a celebrity or 2 keeping a low profile at the bar / restaurant... Thank you Patricia and entire staff on making me feel at home again. We'll be back and we can't wait !!! A fan for sure!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
SeanD- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed thank you so much for staying with us. Patricia is a wonderful asset to The Maritime and we appreciate your kind words about her and the staff at the front desk. Our goal is to always give guests a great experience from beginning to end. It is a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback and we do appreciate you taking the time to share yours. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance with a future reservation. All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travelled here last week and stayed for three nights and it was exceptional.
I am just over 5 months pregnant and therefore advised the hotel about my 'condition' in advance, requesting that they give me a quiet room. I was greeted incredibly warmly upon arrival and given fabulous room on the 10th floor. This was hugely appreciated.
The rooms, whilst not huge, are impeccably designed so feel spacious. Bathroom is lovely with lovely condiments. There's free wifi - which doesnt require any log-in process - that was a HUGE plus and the beds are incredibly comfortable too.
The restaurant, La Bogetta, is excellent and the staff really lovely and courteous throughout. I have had other favourite hotels in Manhattan - but the Maritime will likely be the one I return to in the future.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor facing 9th ave. Couldn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Lucyfromlondon-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of some of the amenities like the wifi and soaps! The recognition of the hotel staff and La Bottega is greatly appreciated. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! We wish you the best over the next few months with that. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime and hope it will be your home away from home. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance with a future reservation. All the best, Matt Moore- General Manager
横浜
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was staying at the hotel during NY fashion week. The location of the hotel was perfect for the businness and access to uptown by subway was quite easy.

The cleanses of the room was so so but bath room has only shower and the temperature control was so bad.

On the Froday might, big noise oh the terrace club continued until 3 o'clock in the morning

The total appraisal of the hotel ranked point 2

• Stayed September 2012
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor, and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your overall experience wasn't what you thought it would be. We do have a total of 126 rooms and we do offer rooms with bathtubs. Unfortunately, not every room has a bathtub but we try and accommodate all requests from our guests whether it be a tub room or a high floor. We unfortunately didn't have a request from you prior to your arrival. If you are to visit us again I'd be happy to make sure your request for a bathtub room is allocated. It's a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you if you were to decided to want to give us another try. All the best, Matt Moore- General Manager