“Smooth Sailing at the Maritime”
Review of The Maritime Hotel

The Maritime Hotel
Ranked #155 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Located in the bustling Chelsea neighborhood, the nautically themed Maritime Hotel is distinctive, comfortable and clean. Small enough to be personal, but large enough to offer the amenities of a big hotel, this is a fun place to stay.

My room at the Penthouse eve was comfortably appointed, spacious and importantly - quiet. It proved to be an oasis from the sounds and stresses of the city, while providing full access to NY's charms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Docsconz
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Docsconz- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the neighborhood, the amenities we offer, and one of our 5 Penthouse rooms. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime.
All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Maritime for the weekend. As soon as we arrived we felt welcomed. The lobby was amazing and I actually felt like I should grab a book and hang out by the fireplace. The staff was extremely professional and friendly and made us feel right at home. Our room super nice and had an amazing view of the Hudson River. The location is perfect with access to the subway a block away. Walking distance to the high line and some great restaurants. The gentlemen at the front desk suggested the Spotted Pig which was amazing and in walking distance. If you like cocktails the bar has a great twist on a manhattan, but watch yourself they are strong. We only had breakfast at Bodega but it was tasty. All in all we had an unforgettable experience in NYC and the Maritime was big part of it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

MarcC- Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed, thank you so much for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as well the ambiance that we have to offer. It is a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. All the Best, Matt Moore- General Manager

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Maritime Hotel on 9/11 to 9/16. The service from the front entrance to the Front Desk staff and manager (Patricia) treated us with such great professionalism and comfort. The ambiance is romantic and chic and the location was true to the spirit of NY. The front desk staff was extremely helpful in pinpointing great restaurants in the area and of course prices. I'm a native Nyer who lives out west now but I know what I want, how I want to be treated and I know great places to visit but it's always good to get feedback on new restaurants in the area. Why stay somewhere else? The rooms are cozy and well kept along with both the exterior of the hotel and lobby. This is a really super cool hotel and you may be lucky to see a celebrity or 2 keeping a low profile at the bar / restaurant... Thank you Patricia and entire staff on making me feel at home again. We'll be back and we can't wait !!! A fan for sure!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

SeanD- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed thank you so much for staying with us. Patricia is a wonderful asset to The Maritime and we appreciate your kind words about her and the staff at the front desk. Our goal is to always give guests a great experience from beginning to end. It is a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback and we do appreciate you taking the time to share yours. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance with a future reservation. All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travelled here last week and stayed for three nights and it was exceptional.
I am just over 5 months pregnant and therefore advised the hotel about my 'condition' in advance, requesting that they give me a quiet room. I was greeted incredibly warmly upon arrival and given fabulous room on the 10th floor. This was hugely appreciated.
The rooms, whilst not huge, are impeccably designed so feel spacious. Bathroom is lovely with lovely condiments. There's free wifi - which doesnt require any log-in process - that was a HUGE plus and the beds are incredibly comfortable too.
The restaurant, La Bogetta, is excellent and the staff really lovely and courteous throughout. I have had other favourite hotels in Manhattan - but the Maritime will likely be the one I return to in the future.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor facing 9th ave. Couldn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Lucyfromlondon-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of some of the amenities like the wifi and soaps! The recognition of the hotel staff and La Bottega is greatly appreciated. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! We wish you the best over the next few months with that. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime and hope it will be your home away from home. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance with a future reservation. All the best, Matt Moore- General Manager

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was staying at the hotel during NY fashion week. The location of the hotel was perfect for the businness and access to uptown by subway was quite easy.

The cleanses of the room was so so but bath room has only shower and the temperature control was so bad.

On the Froday might, big noise oh the terrace club continued until 3 o'clock in the morning

The total appraisal of the hotel ranked point 2

• Stayed: September 2012
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor, and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your overall experience wasn't what you thought it would be. We do have a total of 126 rooms and we do offer rooms with bathtubs. Unfortunately, not every room has a bathtub but we try and accommodate all requests from our guests whether it be a tub room or a high floor. We unfortunately didn't have a request from you prior to your arrival. If you are to visit us again I'd be happy to make sure your request for a bathtub room is allocated. It's a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you if you were to decided to want to give us another try. All the best, Matt Moore- General Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at the Maritime recently for three nights while in town for work. I lived in NYC for 10 years, and usually stay with friends. So paying for a hotel is a special treat, well earned after spending several evenings on airplanes and trains. Upon arrival, I was immediately impressed by the friendliness of the staff at the door, and then even more so with the agents at the front desk. They allowed me to check-in early and disappear into my room for some much needed sleep. It should be noted that the Martime's location is perfect, nestled in between Chelsea, the Meatpacking District, right at the gate of the West Village, and with easy access to the subway. There's so many great places to explore in the area, especially beyond the usual bustle of the meatpacking district. It's always wonderful to get lost winding through the historic West Village, and the High Line is right in your backyard. If you haven't seen it yet, you must. I also took advantage of the location and went for a run along the river every day, which was also nice (and much better than being penned up in any hotel gym). The restaurant and bar were equally welcoming - a friend and I enjoyed a mid-afternoon snack there (the food was great, and so was my cocktail). And I was even impressed by the concierge services at the front desk. I confessed to the agent that I was a picky "foodie," and also asked for a place to get an incredible pre-dinner cocktail where my friend and I could catch up without being in the loud club-land that can often take over such bars. Her recommendations were spot on and awesome. The next day, she remembered me and asked while I was checking out if I'd enjoyed myself the evening before... What a rockstar!

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor for the spectacular view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J W
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

JW-Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed, thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate all your feedback about our staff, the amenities, and what this great area of New York City has to offer. It's really exciting to hear from our guests and how they experienced their stay. Thank you for going into detail of your positive stay here at The Maritime Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance on a return visit. All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2012

You can't go past The Maritme for a great NY holiday. After a small mix up with our room we were upgraded to one of the penthouses, which was amazing. Staff were friendly and courteous. Definitely recommend The Maritime for a NY stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RoyR- Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor and, indeed, thank you for choosing The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. If we can ever be of assistance on your next visit to New York City please let us know. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime Hotel. All the best, Matt Moore-General Manager