“Great food, great guide, WONDERFUL tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Tours

Best Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for things to do and places to go in New York, you've come to the right place! Best Tours is the world's best tour company, offering the best tours on and off the beaten track! Our world famous sightseeing tours, walking tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours show you a city through it's culture and food, engage you through it's history, and entertain you with it's wonder!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great food, great guide, WONDERFUL tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I went on the Great New York Chocolate Tour for my birthday. We got to sample cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery, Cookies from Milk & Cookies, and chocolates from Li-Lac Chocolates among others. The samples were fantastic and generous. (We were feeling stuffed by the 4th stop.)

Our tour guide, Alex, was wonderful. He really knew a lot about the city and you could tell that he was not just reading from a script. Participants were able to ask questions and Alex knew the answers. We learned a lot about the history of Manhattan which, to me, was the best part of the tour.

I'm looking forward to going on the cupcake tour and the New York food tour some time very soon.

1 Thank Bethany S

Glendale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Chocolate Tour"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My daughter and I went on the Chocolate Tour with Alex being our guide on June 7th. We had a wonderful time and were able to taste many fine chocolates and cupcakes. The tour went a bit longer then anticipated, but that was fine. It was raining which made the experience more fun! If you go to New York, make it a point to go on this tour! You will not be sorry!

New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesome Cupcake Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our cupcake tour! We arrived about 20 minutes early for our tour and found two tour guides were there early as well. We were a large group (about 40 people), so they broke us up into two groups. Our guide was Alex and he was great. He was friendly & knowledgeable. Not only was he up on the background behind each of the cupcake shops, but he was so knowledgeable about each area we walked through. He had all kinds of fun and interesting stories to tell us about the various buildings we would pass or see in the distance. He was happy to answer any questions we threw at him. I have lived in the New York area all my life and found that this tour took us to a few places that I hadn’t ever been to before.

We started our tour at Baked by Melissa where they have these cool, mini cupcakes. I had the peanut butter and jelly and it was scrumptious. From there, we stopped at Amorino Gelato. Here we had a taste of their very delicious gelato. Then, onto Crumbs. I had a mini red velvet and that was very good. Next, was Molly’s where I have a vanilla cupcake with brown butter frosting. This was definitely the best cupcake of the day. Next stop was Milk and Cookies where we sampled their very yummy cookies. Our last stop was Magnolia where we had red velvet cupcakes. I was all cupcaked out by then and didn’t eat mine, but I heard they were very good. I also want to mention that at every stop Alex offered to go boxes or bags and told us we could use the restrooms.

Can you visit these places on your own? Absolutely. Would you have as much fun or learn neat little things about NY City that you probably didn't know already? I don't think so. This was definitely a fun little tour that I would certainly recommend.

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“THE GREATEST CHOCOLATE TOUR in NYC!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went on the Great New York Chocolate Tour today. Departing promptly at our scheduled time of 11am from Chelsea Market, our guide Walter regaled our tour group (18 people) with tales of the city (Chelsea and Greenwich Village, where our chocolate stops were) and of chocolate. The tour makes 8 stops at chocolatiers along the way, including a stop at Magnolia Bakery, where we received a full-size (regularly priced at $3.75) chocolate/chocolate cupcake, and a macaroon store that was to die for. At most stops, we received full portions (i.e. a chocolate chocolate chip cookie from Milk and Cookies and the afore-mentioned cupcake and macaroon), not just little samples. Walter, our tour guide, was engaging, lively and full of interesting factoids to keep our group engaged. We did a decent amount of walking (about 2 miles in all), through wonderful Greenwich Village and Chelsea neighborhoods. I've done a couple of other chocolate tours and this one was the best I've taken. I purchased a Groupon so got a great deal on this tour, but might be worth it at full price. I hear the Great New York Tours has a great food tour. Might be next on my list!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Two Times Burned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I did the chocolate tour with this company a few months ago. It was okay. Our tour guide was a little annoying but at least the group was small and we got tons of samples. The tour was pretty boring because we lingered at each location for way too long. Ended up being over 2.5 hours. I should note that we are both native New Yorkers and I have lived in Manhattan for almost 10 years. We always try to explore the city as much as possible, and love the idea of food tours.

Yesterday, we went on the cupcake tour. Our tour guide, Jessie, was lovely. However, we were WAY too big of a group. 2 of the 6 places we went were repeats from the chocolate tour and only four of the locations were actual cupcake shops. But the real kicks in the tush were that (i) we didn't even go to the best places in NYC for cupcakes and (ii) the samples we got were miniscule. The only place we were given an actual, full sized, cupcake was Magnolia and it tasted like they gave us cupcakes left over from before hurricane sandy.

Thankfully we got our tickets from a livingsocial deal because had I paid full price we would have been even more annoyed than we already were. I will not be going on any more tours with this company. We should have used our $40 to buy full sized cupcakes from locations that are actually known for how amazing their cupcakes are (Georgetown, Sunshine, etc).

4 Thank piper166
KeatMW, Manager at Best Tours, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we're sorry that you did not have a better experience on our tour.

We're glad you enjoyed Jessie's guiding; she has been the recipient of lots of great feedback on this site and others.

In terms of sample sizes, it is common for our guests to take leftovers home (most people end up taking the final cupcake to go), so we want to make sure that your group received the appropriate number of samples on the tour. If you did not receive all 6 tastings, please contact our support team so we can look into the matter.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Great New York Tours Management