“Excellent Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 56th Street
Transit: A,C,E train stops at 59th Street and 8 Ave.
Description: Italian, Homemade Pastas and Desserts - Specials Daily.
Middletown, Connecticut
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent Italian Food!! The food was very good. I only had two small complaints. Their was no kids menu and unfortunately the service was really slow.

Visited December 2012

Central VA
“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We found this place after a day of sightseeing. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was really good. Wine by the glass is priced well, everyone enjoyed their meal. It was a good place to unwind, drink and eat after a long day!

Visited December 2012
Milton, Delaware
“Puttanesca is still a great destination after many years”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had not been to Puttanesca for a few years, not because of any negative issues, it was just not on my radar screen. I was happy to find that it still serves interesting and top quality Italian food. The restaurant was filled, and I had a delicious beet salad as a starter, followed by a savory fettucine bolognese, with gobs of tender, tasty meat. The wine list is very good, the service was attentive and got our group out in plenty of time for our theater event, and patrons were clearly having a good time all around.

• Visited December 2012
Bellevue, Washington
“Good place for basic Italian food”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a place that not in the heart of the theater district for dinner and a friend suggested Puttanesca. The mango salad was very good with thin slices of mango and goat cheese. We easily could have shared it. The rest of the food was great basic Italian food, with the food portion of the menu covering one page only. We were in a bit of a hurry as we had tickets to the theater so we had to rush through dinner as the service was a bit slow.

New York City, New York
“Great environment and generous portions. A must for NYC visitors or New Yorkers.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ok, so restaurants in NYC will often be a few things (a) tighter seating; (b) a little loud; and (c) the establishments wanting to move tables given long waiting lines. I'm confused why people review this place for example and say it was "loud... I couldn't here people 3 seats down the table from me". Simply put, my wife and I really enjoyed a Friday night dinner at Puttanesca and disagree with a few other reviews.

We walked from our home here on a chilly Friday evening and arrived around 7pm and got a seat immediately. The exposed brick and contemporary feel however still keeping an Italian antiquated look was done well. Our meals were fabulous, we really enjoyed the meatball appetizers. They were full of flavor, moist and for less than $10 we were given a generous portion. Our main dishes were fantastic (my wife had the fettuccine bolognese and I had the gnocchi). The pasta was fresh, bursting with flavor and made you feel like you were eating in a hole in the wall somewhere in Italy.

Only complaint would be our waiter was visibly pissed off at another employee in front of restaurant guests and was really rushing us out. The rest of the staff was pleasant and greeted us, and was sure to thank us for coming. We may have found or "go to" local Italian place in our neighborhood.

• Visited December 2012