“Yum-O !”

Butter Lane Cupcakes
Ranked #157 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: At Butter Lane, our mission is to make you the perfect cupcake. With a focus on high-quality ingredients such as vanilla beans, pure cocoa and dark chocolate, we're giving real food lovers something to sink their teeth into. Choose from a great menu of decadent cupcakes, from classic flavors to exciting original items. We offer 16 different American buttercream icing flavors, plus a French buttercream in either chocolate or vanilla. If cupcakes don't strike your fancy, we also offer breakfast donuts, muffins, scones, cookies and more. You can also order a box of our mini cupcakes, pop tarts, specialty cupcakes or a beautiful cake for any occasion. In addition to the tastiest cupcakes and treats in the area, we are also known for our fun and educational Cupcake Classes. In fact, we now teach more than 10,000 students a year how to make the perfect cupcake!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Yum-O !”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I dont like cupcakes at all-for some reason everyone I eat is DRY. Butter Lane Cupcakes has made a believer out of me. Had just enjoyed a wonderful brunch with family we decided to walk neighborhood and found Butter Lane. Yes the size doesnt match the price-yes they are expensive(6 for $18) but the cake to icing combinations are amazing. The staff was helpful suggesting flavor combinations. I got Banana with maple pecan icing topped with a pecan and chocolate with chocolate icing with a sprinkle of sea salt. OMG so good - it will be the place to go to we I return to NY. They even offer classes in the art of making cupcakes and how to properly ice-such a treat for visitors or anyone who wants to bake the proper cupcake

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank zah22

chesapeake, va
“Yummy cupcakes!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The cupcakes were delicious, even days later. My only complaint is the size/price. They seemed small for the cost, but I loved the idea of frosting shooters for $1.00. Who doesn't like small cups of frosting? And the flavors were delicious.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank mrshaworth
Columbia, Maryland
“butter lane has fallen off”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

$3 a cupcake?! wow! okayokay its NYC i'll let that slide....but what the? I went there when it was on the best thing i ever ate and it was ! but I just went there this Sunday and let me tell u I paid $18 for 6 cupcakes and they were not all that. The only ones that were to go back for were the banana pistachio and the caramel popcorn. the others were dry not good and the ice cream shop next door looked much better . pretty disappointed and probably wont go back.

• Visited September 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very good cupcake”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I only tried one Butter Lane Cupcake, and it was delicious. The staff was friendly but not too impressive. I tried chocolate chip cookie dough. I thought the frosting was a great - good portion and flavor. The cake was a little dry, but the cookie dough inside helped. I would like to try more of their varieties someday....

Visited September 2012
USA
“Always a Stops in NYC”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Every time I come to the city, I treat myself to a cupcake. Okay, I usually treat myself to two...(who's counting) So, this trip I stop into Crumbs to try one of their cupcakes - I had something like "monkey business". Banana cupcake with caramel etc. It was good and I am always happy to try different cupcakes but it was not exceptional. So, I went down to the East Village and got my favorite cupcakes at Butter Lane. Vanilla is my favorite, although they are all amazing. So, buttery and pure. Not to knock the rest but Butter Lane is still the best! In any city, any state, USA and abroad Butter Lane is tie for number one! (I won't mention the "other" one)

Visited August 2012