“Usually a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #6,941 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Charleston, South Carolina
“Usually a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I have been to many Famous Dave's all over the country, but this was not a good choice for lunch. Service was slow, ribs were great, but broccoli side was not fresh or hot. I should have tried something more New York, but I went with a known chain and I was surprised by the food and service.

Tuscumbia, Alabama
“If you love Famous Dave's, skip this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yes, it's located in Times Square, that's the best thing about it. If you've been to other Famous Dave's you're going to be sorely disappointed in the food, none of it tastes like Famous Dave's and, of course, being in Times Square it's a lot more expensive than their normal restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
Springfield, Illinois
“Save your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stopped in to eat dinner before taking in a show. Our waiter was the worst. Once he took our order, we never saw him again. He never checked back to ask how the food was, which was not good. Never offered us refills. We even had to ask for our bill. When we received our bill, we noticed there was a $10 gratuity automatically added to our $50 bill. We realized that the prices in Times Square are double what you would pay for this same restaurant anywhere else in the United States, but the food was not good. I asked another waiter to get the manager for us. I explained to the manager that we usually are good tippers, between 15-25%, but there was no way this guy deserved a $10 tip for his service, or lack of service. The manager was very understanding and gave us a new bill with the $10 gratuity removed. When in Times Square, avoid the chain restaurants, the prices are double and there are so many other options available.

• Visited July 2012
Tacoma, WA
“After A Glass Of Wine We Changed Our Mind And Left”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant to go to later in the evening for dinner with our teenage Goddaughters. The girls wanted to stay in Times Square and shop so for another couple hours first, so my wife and I decided to go find a place we could have a glass of wine before dinner while waiting for the girls.

We went into Famous Daves just off of Times Square on West 47th and sat at the Bar for our glass of wine, the Bar Tender poured us the worst glass of Chardonnay I have ever had. We could not finish it, we decided that if their wine was that bad then we did not want to try their food and left. (Maybe their food is ok, but we will never know.)

• Visited June 2012
Goiania, GO
“The greatest location with a really nice staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

This restaurant really surprised me in a positive way, since when i saw it , in the heart of the Times Square, i thought : " It must be very, very expensive"!
But then, my family and i decided to go in and it was just awesome!
The staff is just really nice and the prices were really good too(since it is New York)!
I absolutely recommend it!

• Visited December 2011