New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Great Location, and modern building (with Elevators) but way too loud!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood at Longacre House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oakwood at Longacre House
Ranked #417 of 475 Hotels in New York City
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Great Location, and modern building (with Elevators) but way too loud!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Living here with throught Oakwookd for temp housing as I just moved to NYC. Building is in a great location. 1 bedroom apartment I am in is normal, not NY sized which is great. I have always stayed in Oakwood Corp housing with one exception when I lived in Wisconsin and I wated with Bridgestreet (never again!).

Ok, here is the real skinny-->

Pros: Location, decent gym, convenience (grocery stores, Riteaid downstairs, C, C trains downstairs, Bus M50 across the street, other subway stops with 5-10 minute walk, doormen/women, good restaurants, Blockbuster, etc), 3 elevators, Parking next door

Cons: Lack of quiet ( I know I am in NYC but geez, they could have used reinforced windows, you can hear women walk down the street in heels and people coughing, I kept feeling like someone was clibming up my window but it was just the ambient noise from the street below), Request a unit as high up as possible but I am not sure that will help, Washers $2.50!!, Dryers $2.50!!!, elevators sometimes slow, I get the sinking feeling that this is also a hotel? I see so many folks with suitcases everyday. Safety hasn't been an issue so far but when I see so many new faces all the time, it makes me a tad nervous, parking next door $400/month (more if you have a full sized SUV) and only valet service, Expensive rate $199/day (but I guess in line with the NYC market for a fully furnished, all inclusive place. However, building is still more expensive than most, since to rent a similar sized (unfurnished ) unit is $2700-3200/month and I have seen similar modern buildings for similar sized apt (750 sqft) for $2100-$2800.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business