Whenever I can, I like to stay at a Hilton property when traveling in the US. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. I received the same standard of service, comfort, and cleanliness I've come to expect with every Hilton. The room and bathroom were clean; the beds were comfortable; the TV was big and closet spacious; wi-fi was free and fast; and breakfast was ample. (My non-vegetarian companion loved the eggs and bacon, I loved the cookies waiting at the lobby in the evening. Hot drinks were available 24 hours). There are also two free-to-use computer terminals and printers next to the lobby, which was helpful for my online bookings. Everything worked in good order. I have to give props to Diana at the front desk. She was always gracious, cheerful, and helpful with recommendations for the neighborhood, and she was able to check us in early. The breakfast staff were also helpful, and one even heated food we had bought at Whole Foods nearby.
During my stay, this property was priced slightly higher than similarly-starred Hiltons in Times Square, but I really chose this because I preferred NOT to be in the thick of the Times Square buzz every single day. And for that, the location of this Hampton Inn couldn't be more perfect. Down the left side of the block is the number 1 train; down the right side are the F and M trains; across the next block to the right are the N and R trains; and another block further is the 6 train. These trains will take you to almost anywhere you'd like to see in New York.
This hotel is also a walkable distance to the High Line and Chelsea Market -- two "must" experiences, in my opinion. Come to the Chelsea Market ONLY with an empty stomach. You will not be able to resist all the good stuff you could have there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 20-story hotel located in the trendy Chelsea neighborhood between Sixth and Seventh Avenues provides the perfect location for travelers looking to stay in the city. Start your day early with our complimentary breakfast then head out to famous attractions like Madison Square Garden, Times Square and Central Park. Enjoy world class shopping with a visit to Macy’s or family fun at the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex. Dine at world famous restaurants, catch a Broadway show or browse the neighborhoods numerous art galleries.After a day of taking in the sights and sounds of New York City, relax in a comfortable Hampton bed® and watch your favorite shows on our 32 inch LCD HD TVs while you send photos to your family using our free high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Chelsea Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hampton Inn