Location is perfect, very close to a number of subway lines and just a few stops away from major tourist attractions, and you would feel safe even at midnight. Walkable distance to High Line Park.
Breakfast is OK but isn't very rich in choice. There's no order-to-make in the breakfast but you can DIY pancakes. I like the coffee there. There's one night I came back hungry and surprisingly found they serve cookies and milk in the lobby - I just grabbed one and said thanks to the concierge.
The room isn't big but the bed is huge! Very good sleep indeed! I like the electricity socket dock at the bed side, it allows you to charge a number of devices even by USB. The hair dryer isn't working well but the technician didn't came to fix at the time we requested and we were in a hurry to leave (we didn't want him to come our room without our presence...) and we just had to leave it. From our room we can see the World Trade Center Tower 1 from afar, which is still under construction. There's no fridge in the room.
Staff are courteous, helpful and cheerful. The staff in the breakfast cafeteria would come to refill your coffee, one of them even came to me with a beautiful toast after seeing me ruined mine by making it too brown. I requested an extra chair in the room and they're happy to help.
A place of this quality is actually over our budget, but what can you say? It's New York downtown Manhattan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly refreshed, 20-story hotel located in the trendy Chelsea neighborhood between Sixth and Seventh Avenues provides the perfect location for travelers looking to stay in the city. Start your day early with our complimentary breakfast then head out to famous attractions like Madison Square Garden, Times Square and Central Park. Enjoy world class shopping with a visit to Macy’s or family fun at the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex. Dine at hot spot restaurants, catch a Broadway show or browse the neighborhoods numerous art galleries. After a day of taking in the sights and sounds of New York City, relax in a comfortable Hampton bed® and watch your favorite shows on our 32 inch LCD HD TVs or stay connected with our free high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Chelsea Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hampton Inn