We often stay in Hampton Inn hotels, and this was fairly typical for the brand. We had a king room on the 11th floor that was fairly large, especially by NYC standards. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the room was quiet at night--no bothersome noise from the street or from other guests even Saturday and Sunday. I had requested a room away from the elevator but it was actually just around the corner from it--but because of the layout of each floor none of the rooms are very far from the elevator. In any case noise was not a problem and we did not have long waits for the elevator.
When we arrived it looked like the bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned--for example, there was an unwrapped soap on the floor partially under the trashcan. It also looked like one or two of the handtowels may not have been changed, or maybe they just weren't thoroughly dried after laundering. The housekeeper was on our floor when we checked in, so I asked for a replacement. I also didn't like that the towels were fairly thin.
The free buffet breakfast had lots of choices, though the quality of the cooked foods and the fruit salad was mediocre (except for the very tasty maple sausage that was offered one morning). There was sufficient seating for breakfast, in contrast to some other Hamptons and other hotels where people have to wait for someone to get up or take the food to their room.
The parking situation is confusing. The hotel offers valet parking for $45/day, but we thought we could find something less expensive in nearby garages. We asked the front desk person at checkin about garages and he mentioned a couple but said they don't have any special rates with them. One of the garages seemed to be across the street but the entrance was actually on another block. The sign said Hampton Inn parking so we drove up the ramp and found a strange situation--we said we were staying at the Hampton Inn and asked how much it was to park, and he said $60 paid in cash upfront (apparently for the whole stay) and he gave us a receipt. He said something about the car being moved to a different place on Monday because on the weekend the parking garage is used for a flea market. I was nervous about leaving the car there, but when we got back to the hotel and told the front desk person about it, he said that was the right place and stamped our receipt. When it was time to pick up the car there was no problem. But if that was a garage that the hotel apparently had an arrangement with (based on the fact that the front desk person stamped the parking receipt), why didn't they say so when we first asked about parking options?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 20-story hotel located in the trendy Chelsea neighborhood between Sixth and Seventh Avenues provides the perfect location for travelers looking to stay in the city. Start your day early with our complimentary breakfast then head out to famous attractions like Madison Square Garden, Times Square and Central Park. Enjoy world class shopping with a visit to Macy’s or family fun at the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex. Dine at world famous restaurants, catch a Broadway show or browse the neighborhoods numerous art galleries.After a day of taking in the sights and sounds of New York City, relax in a comfortable Hampton bed® and watch your favorite shows on our 32 inch LCD HD TVs while you send photos to your family using our free high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Chelsea Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hampton Inn