“Tiny, Overpriced and not friendly staff”
Review of Central Park Zoo

and up
Pedicab Guided Tour of Central Park
Ranked #101 of 1,098 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Oasis of wildlife in downtown Manhattan where visitors can encounter more than 1,400 animals in a variety of habitats, including a tropical rain forest to view rare birds and icy Antarctica to view penguins and other chilly creatures.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Tiny, Overpriced and not friendly staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visited here before we went into the park, why I don't really know !!
Was overcharged for the tickets, when I queried the cost I was told the 4D experience was added in even though I didn't ask. Girl got right stroppy when I said I didn't want it.
When we got to the main entrance there were 2 staff sitting in a booth, both texting on their mobiles. One finally came out after I just walked through, I was then told that the kids zoo was closed. Asked why I wasn't told this when I bought the tickets I just got a shrug and 'see the ticket booth' response.
Also, a few of the enclosures were closed. At $19 which isn't expensive I would like to have been told what was closed before paying. Next time I'll go to the Bronx Zoo

6 Thank Suntoucher72

• Turkish first
uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“my favourite thing in NYC”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I always visit the zoo when I visit NYC. Its such a great experience. You must catch the sea lion feedings, they are so cute and the indoor jungle is amazing- the birds are so tame!

1 Thank njh
New Haven, Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Delightful!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived right at opening on a Sunday morning and were greeted by the playful animal clock ringing the hour, followed by the sea lions performing their stunts. What a beautiful public space. The square surrounding the sea lions is lovely, with the trellises and the green space and the skyline rising in the background. Yes, this zoo is small, but it is very well-laid out to offer variety of vistas and a feeling of exploring around the twists and turns. Take your time and enjoy observing the animals because they are all dynamic stars. The zoo docents/staff were all very friendly and seemed to enjoy being there as much as we did.

Wellington, New Zealand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family and I thought this was a dreadful Zoo. We had been very impressed by the Bronx Zoo days before but even despite the comparison Central Park Zoo was dreary and disappointing. It was over priced but more concerning was the animal enclosures and habitats. The Zoo was grim and the animals listless and neglected...and I am qualified to state so! Honestly, for visitors to the Park you will experience more joy watching the adorable squirrals go about their business. For the foot traffic, admission prices and high decile location the Central Park Zoo should be ashamed of itself.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Virginia W
Middletown, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best Zoo”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The best zoo I've ever visited was the Central Park Zoo. If your thing small it didn't seem like that to me or the kids. Lots of great animals, different activities for the children to interact with and best of all plenty of shaded areas and seats for all who need to rest.

Visited May 2012