“Great Little Children's Zoo in the middle of NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Park Zoo

and up
Pedicab Guided Tour of Central Park
Ranked #100 of 1,079 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Oasis of wildlife in downtown Manhattan where visitors can encounter more than 1,400 animals in a variety of habitats, including a tropical rain forest to view rare birds and icy Antarctica to view penguins and other chilly creatures.
New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Little Children's Zoo in the middle of NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Children love it. It's small, but has the essentials for young children, the layout is compact so their little legs don't get tired. It's a fun half-day in NYC for your little ones.

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Kitty Hawk, NC
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Small but Great Petting Zoo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have to say that I was surprised at how small this was for the price. There are really only about a dozen or so exhibits. The penguin enclosure needs better ventilation as you can barely breathein there! My girls enjoyed the 4d about Antarctica but it was only 20 minutes at the most. They were disappointed.
The children's petting zoo was by far the highlight of the day and we went twice. The animals are so used to people and the food to feed them was reasonably priced.
We enjoyed it but after paying $50, I doubt we will go back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank surfer143
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Such a great little zoo, you forget you're in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I lived my entire life in NY and had NEVER been to CPZ until I had kids and started taking them there. I love this zoo, it is smaller than others in the area but I think it is just perfect. My sons love the Penguins and Polar BeR (but the polar bear really doesn't do much, I think he needs an exhibit similar to San Diego's Zoo). My kids also LOVE the 4D theater and you get one show with each admission, well worth spending 30 minutes. The tropic zone is one of the best bird exhibits I have seen anywhere, that second story perspective really adds to the experience. The zoo is beautiful, being inside my fave place in the world....you really forget you're in the middle of the busiest city in the U.S.

Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Small Zoo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a very small zoo that would be perfect for small kids. While it was busy the day we were there it was still pretty easy to see all the animals. While the Children Zoo's is separate from the the rest of the zoo make sure you go over to see it because it is very well done. Compared to other zoos for the size the zoo is rather expensive ($12 for an adult), however considering it is in NYC I don't think its terrible.

1 Thank Prim8Keeper
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although the sealion display was entertaining, I was disappointed by the size of some of the enclosures, for example the mongoose group, the parrots and the sealions. I was especially upset to see live mice in a reptile enclosure and, as I was unable to find a zookeeper to raise this with at the time, emailed subsequently (apparently they must have 'snuck in'). The penguin house was dingy too. On the plus side, the free-flying birds were lovely.