“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #447 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Simply the worst place we've ever stayed.Dried blood on the wall, tiny room you couldn't swing a cat in, which was only separated by a partition to the next room. Doors banging all night. Absolute kip

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

6 Thank Eoin O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This crappy place could be called a hotel? I booked a double room with private bathroom, they gave me a room with shared bathroom(shared with a lot of rooms I believe).
The room is the worst place I stayed ever. It is noisy, dirty, and COLD.
1. The room is next to the busy street (cars&trucks passing by all nights). The windows are so old that there's no protection against the noise.
2. The blankets are not washed and neither does the pillow covers. On the corner of the drawer there're even spots of bloods!
3. It was really cold the day I were there. I felt the heater is off. My room was freezing at night and so does the shared bathroom.
I'd have left the place as soon as possible but I arrived late at night so I had to stay there for 6 hours. I should say this is the worst place I have slept inside. And it calls itself 1.5 star hotel? How do they get the 1.5 star rating? If I were the rater, I would give it 0 star hotel rating and 0 star for the TripAdvisor rating.

DO NOT EVEN SPEND A PENNY HERE! But I am so sad I spent 80 bucks for it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robert D

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Good location, 2 minutes walk from subway station, and walkable distance to Brooklyn bridge and financial district. Very cheap, the cheapest place to stay in New York City. Bathroom was disgusting and not enough for everyone, there are 53 rooms on one floor with only two bathroom. Room was so small, too small to stay in. I think they did not clean our room when we checked in, I found hairs in pillow and on the bed. And soap they provided us in the room had been used, once again I saw hair in the soap which repacked into the plastic container. It is really gross hotel, I would rather stay in the hostel. Definitely not going back again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank TheNayzer
Horsham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

OMG ! They cant call this an hotel, is just a place to sleep, if you can sleep with noise, because you can hear all the rooms because all the ceilling are conceted to all of them so you can hear conversations, tv's, anything you can think of, you have one toilet with shower for on level with more than 30 rooms per level, the room was full of cockroaches, the staff was extremnelly unhelphul, hasnt got any lifts, the toilet is cleaned or wiped one a day, not enoughf for all the people that they use it every day. It´s better to pay a bit more in a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PachecoSmith
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Inexpensive and close to the B and D subway. I stayed seven nights on the fifth floor. There is no elevator. There are no phones in the room. If you need the front desk, it is on the second floor which meant, for me, a walk down three flights of steps. My TV did not work for the entire stay, although I mentioned it the first night. The rooms are SMALL, like six feet by six feet-- I could touch both walls with my fingertips in both directions. There were two bathrooms at the far end of my floor that all 20 or 30 rooms shared, so often the bathroom wait was long, and there was rarely any toilet paper. (However they did supply a roll in the room for personal use.) I had no light in my room for the first five nights, but after daily reminders, the bulb was finally changed. There is only a bed and a drawer-less dresser in the room, no closet or drawers for your clothes. There are false ceilings overhead, so you can hear others in their rooms as though they're right next to you (there was a girl with a bad cough across the hall from me who kept me awake several hours every night). There is no control of temperature, either colder or hotter, so I was frigid a few nights. It was very clean, and the staff was friendly. That's about it.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BuckyMontgomery
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed this hotel thought Chinese should be friendly and we are Chinese also , but it's so disappointed, we understand in NYC , everything costs expensive and if we could get a room for short stay still be appreciate . Well, the hotel provide towels are so dirty and awful , only 2 towels are very very old , the sheet was dirty with different spot couldn't wash clean the terrible thing is , no heater !! in December 20th , no heat and cold air from the celing like regular A/C but no control with it. nothing we can do so we called, the front desk guy was nice says will set temperature higher , no, nothing change and very very cold , the bed doesn't look like full size ,smaller actually,for 2 adults ?? my god . next day I got a really bad cold , I don't want to say because no heat. morning we talked to the another guy, he said in NYC, only 50F degrees they don't need to turn heater on !!! but we were really freezing and I don't believe that room was around 50F , the cold air from ceilng couldn't sleep . anyway , really bad experience there. bathroom without mat from the shower?? night stand light couldn't turn on....etc

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family