“DO NOT stay here.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #443 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“DO NOT stay here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here on the 4th to the 5th due to my bf's business trip. Check in was ok, but the room is very small, we reserved for a private bathroom room, but instead they gave us a shared bathroom room.

The room's furnitures are outdated, seem like the chair could fall over anytime soon. Wifi was slow, and the heater didn't seem like it's working at all. The shared bathroom is very unclean, as the people that stayed here can't seem to help keep it clean, or the helps here don't care much.

Location is right in the heart of Chinatown, close to shopping/eating, close to subways stations, and those are the only good thing for this motel. If you are not planning to stay in room all day, then it's fine. But if you are, DO NOT stay here, and spend a little extra at the Comfort Inn (Manhattan Bridge).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Stephy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here it was a cheap room but no value, no elevator had to walk up and down 5 flights of stairs, I opened the door and literally the bed was right there I could stand up and each hand could touch both walls this room was the size of a small SUV, no joke, they gave me a orange heavily used beach towel as a bath towel, could hear a couple three doors down eating and being intimate, asked front desk move room he seemed agitated and gave me a room, just as bad no a/c or t.v., don't be fooled by photos online they don't look like that there's only two bathrooms for the whole floor and there incredibly filthy, its also in a rather in unsafe area I had a two night stay there and left and got a room at a way better hotel was more but worth it, please don't make the same mistake I did don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Will012586

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

If this hell hole was in the UK , it would be closed down !!!
DO NOT REPEAT NOT STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

After an 8 hour flight from the UK , WE ARRIVED TO BE TOLD WE NEED TO PAY BEFORE BEING GIVEN THE KEY ,
So we paid and the key was handed over once we tackled the 5 flights of stairs with our heavy suitcases , the room which can only be described as worse than the Bangkok Hilton (prison ) , no no In fact it makes the Bangkok Hilton look like the ritz they take the money knowing full well that if you saw the room first there is no way you would stay there

The lovely view of blood stained covers and wet towels from the previous person were there to greet to As well as the bedside table thick with dirt not to meantion dirty floors and curtains

THERE WAS A MAN SHOUTING EVERY NIGHT FROM SOMEWHERE TELLING SOMEONE TO SHUT UP IN A VERY ABUSIVE MANOR WHICH WAS SCARY AND INTIMIDATING NOT SURE WHERE BUT HE SOUNDED SO CLOSE HE COULD OF BEEN SITTING ON THE BED WITH ME

I had to go to the nearest shop to buy gloves bleach and clothes to clean the shower out myself before I could even think about getting in it

I complained about the blood stained covers only to be blamed for doing it myself and he refused to replace them as if I would do something like that .

After the 3rd night we couldn't take any more and left at 6am to a more expensive hotel without any kind of refund

I have complained to booking.com who quite frankly do not care about this and will not accept any kind if responsibility ,

The pictures advertised on booking.coms website do not exists in that place , so do not go off the pictures that you see on the sellers websites

BE WARNED please spend the extra

The whole experience of the new world hotel ( what a joke ) ruined my holiday I had saved so hard

• Stayed October 2013
13 Thank Anjunabird
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked 2 nights at this 'hotel' via Booking.com for a room advertised a 'Standard Twin' for $90 per night. On arrival, I struggled up a steep flight of stairs to find a shabby 'lobby', and the surly desk clerk asked for my ID and Credit Card. He then gave me my room key and said the room was up another 3 flights of stairs. When I asked if anyone could help me carry my suitcase, he said he was the only person there and could not leave the desk. I opened the door to my room (on a long and dismal corridor) and gazed in disbelief at the cramped, windowless cubby-hole and the ONE tiny bed. The shared shower and toilet area was filthy and stank to high heaven. There was someone injecting drugs in the toilet. Needless to say I decided not to stay and left the premises to look for another hotel. I returned an hour later to collect my things. I contacted Booking.com who forwarded my email to the 'New World Hotel. A week later I received a response that was illiterate at best and full of inaccuracies and lies. The Manager claimed that someone had carried my case to my room, that the shower/toilets are cleaned every 3 hours and that the room was as advertised. The place should be shut down. It would be a rip-off at $9, never mind $90. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Curatorial
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

you get what you pay for I guess, but this was a third world style accommodation experience . The only good thing about it was that they have a cheap taxi company on hand ready to get you out of there!
with our suitcases in the room , we couldnt open the door. I am 6" tall and could touch the width and the length of the room with my hands.
You have to lug your suitcases up very steep stairs with no help at all from staff , and everything is absolutely filthy... mops in buckets that reek of dirt from the floor ...feces on the floor of the bathrooms.. mould and grime. Theres only 4 toilets to about 150 people that stay there . which i'm sure is a health hazard in itself .
disgusting.
save more money and avoid this place ruining your stay in NYC.

Room Tip: Theres NO good rooms .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan M
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Avoid this card board city sham.. can't even call it a hotel with a passion as i booked to stay here for four nights seen as the price looked reasonably cheap for a stay in New York. But take my advise i had to make a quick change when i arrived to book another as soon as we got here. They gave us a different room number than advertised also there was no phone in the room like they advertised and the room was supposed to be a double room with double bed and they tried to palm us off with a box room with a single bed for two people and no window it felt as if you where in jail SERIOUSLY... what a cheek and i'm talking really... As i'm in the process of getting a full refund it was booked through expidia.com belive me guy's & girls look around and you'll get a nice motel or hotel for a few bucks more. I've gave a another name below F.Y.I

Room Tip: A good cheap place that i found and ended up staying after being let down by the World Rot Hell.. Fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well, I knew it had to have some tricks the fact that a hotel in NYC could be so cheap. And still I was shocked when I walked in there. I went with a friend and we got just one bed (we couldn't even fit both) in the 5th floor. Too many stairs and all of them smelled like crap. No cleaning and Wifi worked only in the mornings. Staff tried to be helpful but they hardly speak english, so it was worthless asking for something to them. Our room had a very bad smell everyday and the bathroom was very dirty and creepy. I would recommend to pay some extra dollars and get at least a clean room where you can sleep.well. Views from the broken window were awful too.

Room Tip: Better ask for a room in the ground floor if you dont want to walk up the stairs. Avoid this hotel i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends