“HOLY FECES!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #447 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“HOLY FECES!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

^ The above statement speaks for itself. Yes, the room was a closet and it was clean. I can hear my neighbor couple's fighting, arguing and joyful/disgusting sexual tendencies. That wasn't the worst case... Here it is, my partner and did not take a shower there due to the unsanitary, unbleached shower stall that was being shared for all five floors! Again this was just the icing to the cake. Next was the... toilet...seat... We didn't even use the toilet at all but in the morning when we really had to go we found a surprise inside of the seat that was brewing for what looked like to be a whole day... aka HOLY FECES! We ran out of the hotel asap and made our way back to our sweetful/blissful destination... HOME.

Room Tip: DON'T GO HERE!!! And bring bed bug spray, toilet paper, towels and water.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Theodore B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed in this so-called hotel for one night and never again. Staying there greatly reminded me how unsuccessful I was in life that the hometown boy who wanted to return to the city I was born and raised in had to end up in this flophouse. The rooms are 6 x 8 with a bed and night table. I was able to squeeze myself and my suitcase between the bed and wall after I removed the waste basket. The walls are paper thin and I was awakened by the sounds of someone having sex. She sounded as if she liked it. There is a bathroom and shower down the hall for everyone to use – like a military barracks. The place reminded me of the cells they lock up the insane. Being an old tenement building there is no elevator and I had to walk up 5 flights. I only had one suitcase, but it was still a chore. I saw some people arrive with tons of luggage causing me to actually feel sorry for them. Believe me, if you could at all afford it spend a few hundred more and stay in something that is not reminiscent of old Chinese and keep away from this flophouse. The only good thing is that it is better than sleeping on a park bench, but not much more.

1 Thank Lloyd S

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Galveston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a hostel rather than a hotel. My booking agent got that part wrong, but I knew it because I had looked at the place before. Great location in little Italy/Chinatown. Two blocks to the subway. Very cheap, but:
It's a walk up, no elevator to bus boy
Shared shower and toilet, only two on my floor
Tiny room, bed only a little night stand, no tv
Clean enough
A little noisy, but hey it is NYC isn't it?

Great price for someone who is not planning on doing anything in their room but sleeping.

Does have free wifi when it is working.

4 Thank Father_Stephen
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Don't go to this "hotel"!!!!!!! dirty, i have a bed with bed buds, no window in the room, the room was very little, you can heard everything, the welcome was very bad!!!!! for my last night in NY it was a nightmare!
But i admit the location is very good....
Depend after what are you looking for? a bad night in manhattan or a good night in brooklyn for exemple...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

came to nyc for a short business visit. I chose the hotel in order to save money to spend on nice meals and sight seeing. the room I booked was funny since it looks like a closet. Literally a bed inside a closet , however it was well ventilated clean no bed bugs brand new mattress. clean linnen. Overall ok. You can hear everyhing going on on rooms around you ( snoring, sounds occuring during intercourse, phone conversations, foot steps) So it's good only for sleeping after a long day.,.
Shared bathrooms are not good. For the price in NYC with absence of bed bugs in my room I think it is a bargain.

3 Thank Solo T
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked a private room with 2 full beds and bath

You get: basic room with one English chanell on tv, great location in china town , free wifi and excellent rate.

It is also small, dirty and a walk up.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank deckhandoug
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Clean enough and comfortable enough for the price. We had to ask for extra and clean towels each night, but we didnt care. Room was very small, the tv only got a few channels in Chinese, but we didn't care. The bed may have been a bit firm than we are used to, but we spent our four days there exploring The City so much that we were too tired to care. They keep a big samovar of hot water in the lobby so I was able to make my morning tea each morning which made the hotel worth three times what we paid!

This place is a great place to hang your hat for a low price. Also, they were kind enough to let us stow our luggage between check out and the time our bus left.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple