Not a great experience. We had the choice to spend more, but chose not to based on the reasonable reviews out here. Wish we would have spent more. Don't do it, people. Don't stay here just to save a buck.
1. Location- In Chinatown, on the edge of Little Italy. Diverse, fairly quiet neighborhood with a park across the street.
2. Transportation: subway to Uptown 1 block away; other lines about 4-5 blocks away
3. Friendly front desk staff (but a bit disinterested or maybe resigned to their situation)
4. Carpet in room looks like it was replaced within the last 15 years, unlike anything else in the room.
1. Dirty, dirty, dirty: Although a cleaning person comes daily, the only thing they do is make the beds and arrange your personal items on the sink. (Wasn't a big fan of having my toothbrush touched.) The carpet never gets vacuumed or the floors swept or toilets cleaned.
2. Stains everywhere: the sheets are stained with blood and god-knows-what; the blankets are stained and in some spots crusty (EEEEK!); the walls near the windows had water spots.
3. Old broken down furniture and drapes that were torn and cigarette burned.
4. A/C did NOT work at all and made loud whining sounds when it tried ALL NIGHT LONG. We reported this to the front desk and they didn't seem to think it would work better if we got another room.
5. Elevator out. Hauling bags up and down the stairs was zero fun.
6. Guys, you will have to pee sitting down. The counter top behind the toilet is configured so the seat won't stay up. Pee like a lady, my friends.
You've been warned.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel New York City