“Excellent for budget travellers, can't fault the hotel!!!”
Review of Windsor Hotel

Windsor Hotel
Ranked #447 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Three of us (Early 20's) were over at end September for 6 nights, we had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel, no bed bugs or anything like that, room was very clean, serviced every day, lots of toiletries in bathroom (toothpaste, soap and shower gel)

The beds were comfy enough and the shower was excellent, plus our room had a view of the Empire State Building (Think you will need to get a room on the corner, number *02 dependant on what floor you're on (We had 2 double beds)

Anybody saying that the room was too small is talking nonsense. Three of us were in one room and there was more than enough room for us.

If I come back to NY, I will definitely consider to staying here, as will my friends. The staff were very courteous and polite and there are 2 subways stations within the area (Grand St is 1 minute walk, yes, 1 minute! and Bowery is 2-3 minutes.

Fantastic budget hotel that gets all the basics right.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a corner of two extremely quiet side streets, there were no noise issues whatsoever.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David B

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip. Got there at 10:30PM to find that because it had been raining, there was a leak in a room which forced them to put me in a basement room with a shared bathroom - not what I wanted to deal with. The room seemed clean (I checked for bedbugs after reading another Tripadvisor review after I booked the hotel) and had a tile floor, which I was glad to have. But it was barely big enough to hold the double bed, chair and table (with a TV on it) that it had. No hooks on the wall, so nowhere to hang anything. The "bathroom" was a small room with a toilet, sink and shower head sticking out of the wall - fortunately there were disposable slippers that I was able to shower in.

I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This def isn't a fancy place to stay, but was good enough even with our 3 year old daughter. The location was great just a short walk to all the shopping and fun things to do in Chinatown as well as downtown area short train ride. Ask the front desk a good place to eat and they will giv u great suggestions we went to an amazing Chinese place that u would never find or even think of goin to if u don't ask the locals. The air conditioner leaked water but apart from that was an average hotel in a good proximity to a fun time

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jvaradi
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed in Room 406 late May early June 2012. The room was clean, and it was cleaned satisfactorily every day.

The room was modest: See photos. The bath towels were small, but when I asked for extra they gave me extra.

I used the microwave in the basement to cook my cereal. The front desk people were courteous. They stored some perishables for me in a small refrigerator at the front desk.

My bed was firm but I slept well on it. There were NO BUGS, of any kind, that I could perceive, in my room. Repeat: In my room I did not get bitten or grossed out in any way.

This place is very convenient to the Grand St. subway station. And I had a view of the park across the street, where people exercise in the mornings and play soccer. This is smack dab in Chinatown; it's likely that the people you meet on the street will not speak English. The food store across Broome St. is unusual in that the predominant language is Spanish, not Chinese.

This is not a place to get away from it all. This is a place to be in the middle of it all. You can do your morning exercises in the park and no one looks at you funny.

My only complaint is that in the staircase the last night, something stank in the garbage, and it made climbing the stairs (for exercise instead of using the elevator) unpleasant. I told the desk clerk. Instead of removing the garbage immediately, she said she would tell the garbage collectors about it in the morning. But, in her defense, she was the only person on duty, and it is likely that she could not leave the desk during her shift. Nevertheless, I avoided the stairs because of the stench.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OakParkSacramento
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in August 2012 for one night and have over 150 bed bug bites on my body! I have spent over $600 in medication, medical attention, throwing out my luggage and clothes, throwing out gifts I had purchased in my travels and throwing out my infested hand bag! My body has welts and sores all over it and it will take many months to look normal again. Management does not return call and gives out a false contact phone number. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY HOLE. Report them to phone number 311 in New York City and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you have problems with them.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and stay at a clean place that speaks a language other than Chinese.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Simon853
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is the location: on the border between Chinatown and Lower East Side, it is also close to a subway station and it has some shops and basic restaurants close by.

The hotel itself is very poor and extremely expensive for what it offers. Last June, I paid US$ 230 (taxes included) per night for a double room which was really poor. Although clean, it was sloppy and careless: the chair was full of stains, the furniture was partially ruined, the blanket of one of the beds was ripped off, paper of the wall was peeling and the shutter of the window was half-broken. Moreover, there was no double glazing on the windows and so it was rather noisy. The room was tiny, almost without space for the luggage and two persons. It was the worse relation quality/price that I have ever experienced! Unbelievable!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank misflopes
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good value this close to downtown. Room was adequate. Travelled uptown by metro every night no problem. No facilities so eat out and bring your drinks in. Some good places to eat close by in China town or Little Italy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple