“Pretty Impressive”
Review of Manhattan Skyline

Ranked #1 of 1,153 things to do in New York City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Seeing the skyline in real life as opposed to in the movies - from every vantage point you really get to see some very special vistas. I particularly enjoyed the view from the Staten Island Ferry.

Write a ReviewReviews (17,891)
All reviews
"the staten island ferry"
in 629 reviews
"statue of liberty"
in 907 reviews
"new york"
in 1,245 reviews
"top of the rock"
in 777 reviews
"the empire state building"
in 733 reviews
in 179 reviews
"vantage"
in 108 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Breathtaking views....the energy of the city is amazing. I would recommend anyone visiting. The lights and sounds are absolutely amazing.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

i just liked the whole concept, pimping the old stuff into a beautiful oasis of green and strolling around. You go from a to b in a relaxed mode before you pick up the pace. A definite must-go!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The reviews on TripAdvisor make me really proud of NYC. Even though I no longer live in NY State, I still visit NYC on a yearly basis. This will forever be my home, my city, and a place I consider the greatest on earth in terms of cultural and financial exertion and influence. The Manhattan skyline encompasses over a century of architectural history. There's just no other city that commands this diverse skyscrapers prowess that offer the best mixture of art deco to modern buildings. I think Chicago comes a close second, that's about it. Hong Kong is electric, Tokyo is bright, Shang Hai has gotten very tall. But they're not Manhattan !!!

1  Thank mimbster
See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We got off accidetally at the Exchange stop on the NJ Path train and when we got to street level we were met with a fabulous view of the NYC skyline. I am a native NYC boy but each time I see the skyline after a while I notice it changes as new buildings are popping up (being built) all the time.