“Never Ate - Fun Happy Hour”
Review of Beer Authority NYC

Beer Authority NYC
Ranked #360 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have never eaten here but have stopped in around a dozen times to enjoy happy hour.

Big space - lots of room - plenty of beer on tap and your typical selection of liquor. Not really anything special but also nothing to complain about. It simply is what it is - a good bar with a great space and attracts a huge crowd. Roof top is a lot of fun!

Mostly professionals after work which is nice, no drama, fights or issues. Will continue to visit - especially when staying down the street at Distrikt Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Beer Authority NYC

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Took my Mom here in December and enjoyed the pretty holiday decorations! It's a bar/sports bar but with upscale restaurant food. Fantastic beer selection! Nice amount of local beers to choose from. The food was surprisingly good! Great atmosphere and location. Will definitely be back next time I'm in NYC

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love this place! I work in the area and have many options available but I find myself coming here more and more. The bar has a great layout: little bar in the ground floor (smaller beer selection than upstairs but much quieter), a big second floor with a large bar and plenty of tables, and a rooftop beer garden!

Beer Selection: As a craft brew fanatic I love the huge number of taps. The owners have good relationships with breweries across the country and there's frequently a "featured brewery" offering a big batch of brews from those companies. Just off the top of my head there've been events for Founders, Bells, Ballast Point, Allagash, Stone, Abita, Oskar Blues, and many more. Usually there's a couple super-rare ones available (until they run out). Also, they've got a good selection of bottles and cans.

Food: There's a lot of great choices here. I frequently gravitate to the soft tacos with pulled pork...very tasty! You get three for 12 bucks and they are pretty big. Shepherd's pie, also very good. Fish and Chips...meh...small portion...more like a couple extra-large fish sticks. Burgers are top notch. They have specials during the week that are always worth checking out... I've had some amazing lamb dishes.

Cons: OK, sometimes someone chooses to blast the music a bit beyond the limits of my tolerance. It can be LOUD. Lean-in-and-scream-to-your-buddies-loud There have been a few times I've walked in, turned on my heel, walked back out. You should guess by now that I am a regular so I'll say that it's quieter more often than not (or I wouldn't be a regular). I'd say it's too loud about a third of the time. Fortunately you have the first and third floors to escape to. Some beers can be a bit pricey.

Pros: The beer. The food. And the staff! The owners and managers are frequently around and will check in on you. The hostesses are very friendly. The waitresses are great! And best of all is the bar staff. My fave is Damian, this young Irish guy who knows his beer. Kind of a sommelier for brews! When he's not rushing from customer to customer he'll come over and tell you what's good in the specials and what beers he'd recommend. Location is convenient, right by Port Authority and near a lot of subway lines.

Come get yer beer on!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had drinks here tonight, and I must say both my wife and I have a great night. Not Guinness but a good equivalent. Good craic at the bar and lots of interesting people. Mike, the barman, is immense, what a great host. Will be back.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Popped in after a broadway show for a bite to eat and a few beers.

The name intrigued us and as a fan of craft beers I wanted to try this place as it was just up 8th from our hotel.

Although its right next to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and looks a little shabby from the outside, once your in it has the feeling of a British pub and has both an on tap and bottle beer menu to choose from.

Any beer lover will not be disappointed here as there is such a range to choose from.

Go in and try it, you'll be glad you did.

Oh, and the foods ok too with great portion sizes!