“Solid”
Review of Neta

Neta
Reserve with OpenTable
Neta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,216 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Description: Neta offers daily omakase ("chef's choice"), tasting menus, small plates, and a full sushi menu. We invite sushi veterans as well as neophytes to join us at our sushi bar for direct service by our sushi chefs. We believe in the importance of hospitality, and welcome you to relax and enjoy your next meal with us.
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Solid”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great service at this place. The salmon avocado rolls were amazing. However the sushi is a bit overpriced.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dan N

New York City, New York
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were enticed by the good reviews but disappointed by the food. Perhaps we should have opted for the (certainly very expensive) Omakase sushi, but instead we ordered several of the small plates. The Dungeness Crab salad was very disappointing - very little crab meat and its taste was completely obscured by the very salty dressing (described as vinaigrette, tasted to us like soy sauce). Chawan Mushi - a tiny dish, mostly of egg custard, with minuscule amounts of Uni and Foie Gras, and very salty. Better were the Duck Rice and the steamed King Salmon. All these plates had very little food, and since we were not very enthusiastic about the food it did not seem like good value. Even though we were still hungry we did not feel it worth ordering further dishes. Very good service and presentation.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank se9834a
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent modern Japanese”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is excellent modern Japanese with the freshest seasonal ingredients and done in innovative ways. Definitely worth a try if you are into Japanese and the prices were very modest by NY standards.

Visited June 2014
Rome, Italy
“The best Omakase ever!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The quintessence of Japanese food! Neta means fresh ingredients of sushi. We took the Omakase and we were touched by the inspiration of the chef; it was a harmonization of taste each dish had a great personality. One of the best sushi experience I received in my lifetime!

• Visited June 2014
Middlebury, Vermont
“Creative, but not out there, Japanese”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great dinner here with a friend on a Saturday night. The place was hopping, but we were seated a few minutes early and not at all rushed at any point. We sat at a table that gave us a view, but not birds eye, into the bustling kitchen. I do think it would be fun to sit at the counter with the direct view on a future (I hope) visit. Our waiter was friendly, very educated on the food and offered great suggestions (they ran out of the branzino and he recommended the fish collar - excellent and I would not have picked on my own) and was extremely accommodating of my gluten allergy. Another waiter saw me struggling with the soft shell shrimp (I plead ignorance - I love soft shell crabs, but was a rookie to the soft shell shrimp!) and kindly told me I could eat the whole thing - shell and all. The much reviewed Duck & Foie was delicious and original. The spicy salmon with crispy rice makes we want to try to make something similar at home. Rolls were incredibly fresh with perfect rice. All around fun and delicious dinner.

• Visited June 2014