“stunning”
Review of Neta

Neta
Reserve with OpenTable
Neta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,253 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Description: Neta offers daily omakase ("chef's choice"), tasting menus, small plates, and a full sushi menu. We invite sushi veterans as well as neophytes to join us at our sushi bar for direct service by our sushi chefs. We believe in the importance of hospitality, and welcome you to relax and enjoy your next meal with us.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“stunning”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had amazing omakase at Neta. We had course after course of incredibly fresh, inventive, elegantly presented dishes and sushi. We sat at the counter and Albert, one of the sushi chefs, made the experience truly memorable. He encouraged us to eat the sushi with our fingers which allowed him to loosen the texture of the rice and changed the experience of eating to a multi-sensory experience. Albert was a gem. The staff were very friendly and attentive and not intrusive. We had the mid-range omakase option - expensive, but worth the price. Sit at the counter - its much more entertaining.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cambridge2014

Ottawa
“Astounding & ambrosian”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I offered my son a celebratory meal at the restaurant of his choice after he received his doctorate from Columbia ... And he chose Neta

I knew he was a sharp kid, but I never expected anything this amazing (or costly)

So I had to put my money where my mouth is! What's astounding is how wonderful the entire dining experience was, the flavors, the succulence, the wine pairing and superb service!

As a once-in-a-lifetime experience I highly recommend Neta!

• Visited May 2014
Salem, MA
“West Village Japanese”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What an eye opener. Omakase menu for our six diners. Beautifully prepared food in a very funky setting on 8th Street in the West Village. Very informal with a tasting bar and some formal seating. Each course was fresh, light and delicious. We chose a menu that was light on savory dishes (there are four different tasting menus from which to choose.) So, our menu was heavy on salads and sushi. About seven or eight different courses. The highlight for me and a couple of the other diners was a nigiri of spanish mackeral. Now, I have seen this on many menus but never ordered it as I assumed that it would be like local mackeral which is heavy, oily and very fishy. Don't get me wrong, I like mackeral for what it is, but I never thought that I would like it raw. Well, spanish mackeral is a totally different fish. It had great fish flavor (but not overpowering) and the texture was silky and light. What a great surprise. The toro was delicious as was one of the savory dishes which consisted on uni, scallop and veggies served hot. Absolutely stunning dish. Neta was a great find. Great friendly service and just a fun place to visit. We had wine and beer with our meals, but the sake menu looked great. Next time, we'll go with that.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank dudleywysong
Anchorage, Alaska
“Super Suchi”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Omakase menu was terrific. The fish is so fresh, it's almost sweet. And the various preparations and sauces add to the very tasty dishes. I had the $135 menu, and it was more than enough. Had a bottle of Sake with a friend, and it, too, was spot on. So, the food is wonderful. The room is attractive and comfortable. The service was so pleasant, so prompt, any additional attention would have been overwhelming and intrusive. The wait between courses was short, but enough to let you savor the last dish and look forward to the next. As with most good things in life, you get what you pay for. It's not cheap, but well worth the cost. A wonderful experience.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank akoosik
Fort Myers, Florida
“Outstanding meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We weren't really sure what to expect when going to Neta other than hearing it is Japanese food but not just sushi. This place was amazing. Everything was absolutely delicious. The toro with caviar was a simple dish but one of the favorites of the night. It just about melted in your mouth. We did the mid-priced Omakase (chef's choice) menu and we couldn't have been happier. We were stuffed by the time all the courses were complete. We don't get to NYC often but when we are back Neta will certainly be on the agenda again. Well done!

2 Thank Scalpelguy