“Terrible, nondisclosed cancellation charges - no calls back”
Review of Neta

Neta
Reserve with OpenTable
Neta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,225 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Description: Neta offers daily omakase ("chef's choice"), tasting menus, small plates, and a full sushi menu. We invite sushi veterans as well as neophytes to join us at our sushi bar for direct service by our sushi chefs. We believe in the importance of hospitality, and welcome you to relax and enjoy your next meal with us.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible, nondisclosed cancellation charges - no calls back”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We can't speak to the food here, though we did really want to try it. Sadly, I stupidly reserved my dinner res on the night I made it (Opentable autoformatted back to that and I didn't notice) - so my reservation, which I thought was for the next Tuesday, was actually made for fifteen minutes after I made it. They required a credit card to reserve, though not ONE statement was made online about a cancellation policy or charges nor did I ever acknowledge or accept same. So, when I got notice from Opentable that I'd missed my reservation, saw a $200 charge from the restaurant, and realized my stupid mistake, I called the restaurant immediately. They told me they'd "look into" why I was charged $200 rather than $100 as typical cancellation was $50/person. I said that a simple call to my bank would get the charge reversed, as there was no legally required notice of the charges - but that I really just wanted to come in on Tuesday as planned and the charges could either be credited or issued as a restaurant credit. "I'll call you back" was the response. Next day, I called and left a message - no reply. Four days later, I posted a negative review on Yelp, cancelled the transaction with my bank, and slammed them on Facebook. Lo and Behold! They finally called! I didn't even answer. Newsflash, by the time you make your customer hate you enough to trash you on social media it's really too late. So, no idea how the sushi is - but I would not let these people anywhere near your credit cards!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank RAS2012

Espoo, Finland
“Nourishment for the body and soul”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's like a hidden gem. From the outside it is not obvious, but when you open the curtains to the dining space, you can feel the spirit of an inviting and enchanting story.

Enjoyed watching food and drinks being prepared for your order. The chefs displayed that rare combination of pride and modesty that you would normally only experience in Japan. Bartender added a modern twist.

Probably the best maki I have had for a long time. Salads were simply outstanding, fresh and just simply divine.

Contemporary yet refined. Elegant yet cosy. Simple yet magical.

• Visited December 2013
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Athmosphere and food was great! Open kitchen made it possible to see and follow how they prepared the food so it was like a excellent Japanese show. We had seats at the bar table next to the kitchen and really recommend that. Food was excellent and worth every penny. It was very tasty, excellent quality and work of art.

• Visited December 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Outstanding Inventive Sushi”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is not a traditional sushi restaurant, but some of the contemporary offerings are outstanding. The omakase menu is the best option if you're adventurous. The dishes offer a wide array of the day's best. The setting is intimate but you never feel crowded by the other patrons, and the service was outstanding.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank marclippy
New York City, New York
“good”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I really liked this place. The menu was great, and the dishes taste really well. I specifically like the sweet menu choices.

Visited November 2013