“Stuffed sweet red pepper was great”
Review of Village Taverna

Village Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,183 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Really nice, cute place. Food was pretty good... Not fantastic. But the sweet red pepper was exceptional. Very nice ambiance. Bathroom was pretty nasty though.

There are newer reviews for Village Taverna

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is fine dining for reasonable prices in a lively atmosphere. My favorite dish is lamb stew.
Very tasty and good size portion. The yogurt is the best I have eaten anywhere.

My husband and I eat here often and entertain guests. I even had a surprise party at Village Taverna and it was a delicious and lovely affair.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This taverna on university is always good. I came with my friends for Palm Sunday lunch. We had village salad, grilled haloumi, fried calamari, keftedes, fries and the special cod croquettes. Everything was great except for the croquettes which were awful. We had fun nonetheless!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Village Taverna is located in the Village near Union Square and NYU. I dined there twice for dinner on recent visits to NYC and had excellent food and service both times. Unlike some NYC restaurants, the wait staff is attentive and willing to explain menu items to you. The highlights for me are two of the warm appetizers the OCTOPODI a grilled octopus salad which has pieces of nicely grilled octopus, sliced ripe grape tomatoes, peppers, onions and a wonderfully light dressing, and the KEFTEDAKIA KOKINISTA - meatballs made with ouzo, herbs & spices baked in a light tomato mint sauce. Everything is well spiced and delicious. Bring some friends so that you can share and get the broadest array of tastes. I would skip the dessert as the Baklava is just okay.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a friend but never had great food before. We ordered the tSaziki, spanakopita, horatiki salad and saganaki. Everything was delish and my friend walked away loving Greek food. We ended our meal with baklava which would have been better served at room temp but was still good. The servers and staff are super nice.