“Lunch buffet at Jackson Diner a bargain”
Review of Jackson Diner

Jackson Diner
Ranked #7,516 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch buffet at Jackson Diner a bargain”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

$11 will get you a terrific all-you-can-eat lunch buffet at the Jackson Diner on University Place in Greenwich Village. The various chafing dishes offer a nice melding of tastes and textures. Yesterday's buffet consisted of a satisfying 9 or 10 dishes, including Chicken Tikka, Curried Goat, Dal, Matteer Paneer, and Tandoori Vegetables. This low price even included a basket of plain naan and rice pudding for dessert.

A decent wine list & yummy Mango Lassi.

• Visited June 2013

Buffalo, NY
“The best meal we had in NYC”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great Indian restaurant - yes, the name makes it look like it's not Indian, but definitely is! Plenty of things to choose from for everyone, including our friend who does not eat meat or dairy. Very flavorful and everyone loved their meal. We had 3 children with us (semi late at night since we had just drove in to the city) from 9 mos. to 9 years and that was not a problem. Our waiter was very friendly and even played with the 9 mos. old by "giving her five". lol We were extremely stuffed when we left!

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Don't let the name fool you”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's not a diner it's just the same name as its Jackson Heights counterpart. The food is soooo good and the service friendly. It's my go to place when I'm craving Indian food and whenever my friends want to do a get together; it's the one place we agree on. I've been to India and I find the food is just as flavorful.

I suggest trying everything on the menu, I haven't been disappointed yet.

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I just happened to walk by this restaurant by chance while walking back to the West Village one afternoon. The aromas caught my attention and so I stopped and checked out the menu. It looked and smelt so good I came back later in the early evening and had dinner with my wife. We were not disappointed by the choice. The food was excellent and tasty, the service was very good. The restaurant was full of people enjoying the food too. The Naan was good and the mains were really tasty, Korma and Tikka. There is a very large vegetarian menu as well.
If we get the opportunity to visit NYC again we would love to go back and eat here again.

• Visited May 2012
Clifton, VA, USA
“Best Indian Food in NYC”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place. The food quality, quantity, service, etc was beyond excellent. If you like Indian food this place is a must.

• Visited December 2012