“Don't let the name fool you”
Review of Jackson Diner

Jackson Diner
Ranked #7,578 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's not a diner it's just the same name as its Jackson Heights counterpart. The food is soooo good and the service friendly. It's my go to place when I'm craving Indian food and whenever my friends want to do a get together; it's the one place we agree on. I've been to India and I find the food is just as flavorful.

I suggest trying everything on the menu, I haven't been disappointed yet.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I just happened to walk by this restaurant by chance while walking back to the West Village one afternoon. The aromas caught my attention and so I stopped and checked out the menu. It looked and smelt so good I came back later in the early evening and had dinner with my wife. We were not disappointed by the choice. The food was excellent and tasty, the service was very good. The restaurant was full of people enjoying the food too. The Naan was good and the mains were really tasty, Korma and Tikka. There is a very large vegetarian menu as well.
If we get the opportunity to visit NYC again we would love to go back and eat here again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place. The food quality, quantity, service, etc was beyond excellent. If you like Indian food this place is a must.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I usually find the American take on Indian food quite bland (compared to what's on offer in UK) but this was really very good. Spicy, flavoursome and interesting. Relaxing atmosphere in restaurant and friendly, attentive service. Excellent.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were wandering around the Union Square area of NYC, mostly to escape the throngs of tourists further uptown. The restaurant we'd picked out ahead of time was packed, so we found Jackson Diner randomly on University & 11th, thinking that Indian food sounded good. We started with some excellent samosas, then had a tasty chicken dish...can't remember the name, but it was skewered chicken marinated in garlic, ginger and coriander. The portion was huge, easily enough for two people to share if getting an appetizer as well. Very good naan too.

1  Thank ej2denali