“Great place to catch up over coffe in Timesq.”
Review of Caffe Bene - CLOSED

Caffe Bene
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Discovered this cafe by accident and i'm glad we did. Cafe has some really nice treats, coffe, and more. Located in timesqare. Love it!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Like salmon swimming upstream, we were exhausted after walking uptown in Manhattan block after block to see the sights, navigate around crowds blocking the walkways, and find the theater where we would see a Broadway show; Caffe Bene was there when we needed it most. The coffee is strong without being bitter. I chose an iced version while my husband sipped hot. Baked goods to rival those for Brobdingnagians rested under glass, and an older couple walked away with an icy cream confection piled high with chocolate and caramel and calories galore. The place is busy not only because of its location but because of the quality coffee, dessert items, and to-go baked goods. It was crowded but offered more seating than the nearest Starbuck's where plenty of floor space goes to market Starbuck's brand. I recommend Caffe Bene with fewer locations but great amenities and product.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love Caffe Bene so much.

It is in a high-traffic area, which is great for them, but they can become crowded. Even when crowded, they are very fast in helping and serving everyone, but no matter how fast they are the wait can be long. If you avoid prime times, though, you most likely won't have much of a wait, if any at all.

Their coffee is magnificent. To me, it is the best cappuccino in the city, hands down. I don't know how they make it so incredibly good.

They also serve incredible, perfect Belgian style waffles. There are several flavors/varieties (my favorite is the milk chocolate with toffee). They are a bit pricey (close to $5 each) but substantial and filling. Really, that's not too high a price in NYC anyway. I haven't had any of their other foods but they have a wide selection of pastries and snack and breakfast items every morning. Not sure if they have lunch items since I only go by this place in the morning.

I work in Manhattan every day. My office is not right near here but one of my companies buildings is, so about once a week I find myself working in that building and I'm always excited to be able to stop into Caffe Bene. My coworkers in that building all also know about it and Caffe Bene has a great reputation amongst them.

While I work cross-town, sometimes I will walk a few blocks out of my way in the morning to go by and grab a cappucino on my way to my office. When I have to go to our office near Caffe Bene it's a bonus.

I highly recommend this for anyone - tourists as well as those living/working in the city. They have a pretty big place with a good amount of roomy seating. It can fill up during prime time (about 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM) but even then you may find a space as it's big and people come and go somewhat quickly.

I LOVE Caffe Bene!!!! You will too!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

If you're bored of Starbucks and want to grab a coffee and dessert after a Broadway show, check out this place. Sure the coffee is (only slightly) better at SB but they don't have gelato and no one has fresh made waffles! I had the pistachio dipped waffle and an iced cafe ameicano - enough said.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our go-to spot everyday for our mochas and lattes.......wide selection of pastries and waffles but pricey. Loved that they had (3) levels of seating for the Times Square crowds and free Wi-Fi! No doubt is giving Starbucks a run for their money.....don't miss it!

I am not giving it five stars because it could be cleaner.....but overall, a wonderful place to relax in crazy Times Square.

1  Thank SUSAN C