“What a lovely spot!”

Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Greenwich, New York
“What a lovely spot!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The experience at Perla is just wonderful. We arrived early, and it was not very crowded. As we were ordering, people started to come in and by the end of our meal, the place was pleasantly packed. Our various appetizers and entrees were very delicious. The flavor is Italian, each dish is prepared with attention and love. I ate there twice, and everything I ordered was special. The menu is small, but there's plenty to be happy about.
The staff is very accommodating.
I definitely plan to go back!

• Visited December 2012

“Fun, hip, fabulous food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We ate at the bar at Perla during the holiday week. Perla is a must for foodies looking for a hip casual place, with fabulous food, great music and an unpretentious environment. The bartender was great and servers knew the food well. We had the octopus starter, a fabulous pasta primi dish with orecchiette sausage and pesto, quail that was so easy to eat and sea bass but we could have ordered almost anything on the menu and have been delighted. Every plate passing by looked great and every diner at the bar was raving about their food. The wine list was a bit pricey but not untypical for a NYC restaurant. Skip the touristy Babbos and come here instead.

• Visited December 2012
Northern Virginia
“Like stepping back into Italy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place reminded me of restaurants in Italy: cozy, chic atmosphere, pretentious but not overdoing it, and wonderfully authentic food. Their pesto dish was very similar to one I ate on my last night in Venice, and though the presentation was simple the portion was perfect. My sister's gnocchi was the perfect texture and flavor. This place was definitely worth the money.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Wow - better than average”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great food, excellent service...great atmosphere...what a great unique menu. The brussels sprouts appetizer was excellent as are the home made 'chips'...try the beef rib...slow roasted and the Arctic Char!

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“A pearl”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Perla is a small restaurant in West Village serving italian food, with a relaxed and hip ambience. The menu is very interesting, with dishes that we do not see so often, and an accent on the tuscan region. The portions are generous, so maybe sharing the antipasto or the primo piatto (pasta) allows enough room for the secondo (meat). The service is friendly and attentive, without going overboard.
Music nowadays seems to be very much part of the dining experience... and Perla is no exception. On the evening we were there, the selection went from hip hop to rap and funk with a little jazz mixed in. It was nice overall, but sometimes a bit too much. What to do... This, for me, is always a problem, and, I am afraid, will remain so...
I would certainly go again to eat the orrecchiette with brocoli rabe and italian sausage. I do not remembr when I had a better pasta dish in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2012