“Very good”
Review of The NoMad Hotel

The NoMad Hotel
Ranked #58 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great boutique hotel and good position in midtown manhattan. Bedrooms could do with more storage but showers were the best I have ever had in a hotel. We ate in the restaurant one evening and it was fantastic if not very busy. The cocktail bar is brilliant - but again very busy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We only went to the restaurant. Nice place to and eat. The food wasn't as extraordinary as expected and branded. They show off the specialty of the house "roasted chicken" that finally is shown to all the restaurant and will not be your real plate ( at least that's what we think as they don't slice it up in front of you like in other restaurants)...

We also went during hot summer. They over powered the airconditioning. The good is that they have plaids to cover up your beautiful dress...

Exagerated price for the wine...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed for a week with my wife and a friend (mixture of business/leisure). The hotel in itself is well located and was chosen as we had a very nice experience at the ACE hotel a few years ago (same group, same corner of NY). Chose a grande room. Very nicely decorated, a real spirit to the room, nice bathroom, amenities. Only down point is the storage space is not very practical for two people. The interior of the hotel is ok, same spirit as the rooms but it's a bit dark in there.
Overall it could be a nice hotel if only.... the staff didn't make you feel all the time it is supposed to be a restaurant. Apart from a few guys at the desk/entrance who were very clued up and on the ball, everyone was playing it "too cool for school". They had bearded hipsters at the ACE too, except they were cool and doing their job.
The other issue I had, which links to that, is that the restaurant/bar seems to be the main attraction, and the staff seems only focused on them. I smoke and went several times downstairs and got asked countless times "are you coming to the restaurant?" with my key card in my hand. Gets boring after a while. Same when you go the bar (nice cocktails and great Brooklyn special beer btw). We had booked a table at the restaurant for a post theater dinner and of course ended up with the worst table near the fire exit.
On that level it really doesn't feel homy, and you are made feel that as an hotel guest you don't belong there.
Overall me and my wife were disappointed as we had such a good experience at the ACE, and we were hoping we'd get the same homy feeling. Thought of moving hotels at some stage, but the room was comfy and i didn't feel like dealing with the hassle.
If you like the area and don't mind being in a more trendy or cool environment, I'd go for the ACE. Just felt more fun and the service was much more on the spot with guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tbretagn
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had an excellent experience at The NoMad for my honeymoon. The front desk provided impeccable service. I really enjoyed using the hot tub and I thought the water closet was beautiful. The view wasn't great, but I did enjoy staying in the Flatiron District.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Excellent service, beautiful food, creative drink menu. Loved everything about the Nomad. The bathroom and shower is amazing, the bed I never wanted to leave. They even offered late check at no charge, as we were flying back to Australia well after check out. Perfect

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Just when I thought travelling for work all by my lonesome had lost its lustre, I met the NoMad and had a one night stand like the good ol days. I love this hotel and didn't want to leave. Everyone here reviewing speaks the truth; all the staff were super friendly, casual but totally on the ball. There is clearly a prerequisite for a hipster beard or thick rimmed glasses to be employed there so if that gets your goat, stay away. My Atelier King room was beauteous. I was told to request a bathtub ahead of time as not all rooms have them. I was on the 2nd floor close to the utility room (#213) which I noted may be low on the totem pole but it was really quiet (from the street and the staff) and I had no trouble. If you're a light sleeper or usually sleep with nature sounds, no problem! The clock radio is iPod compatible but also has a few white noise presets to take us back to the land.

I made a reservation for dinner when I checked in. Apparently it's tough to get a reso if you're not a guest. Bar none, the best meal of my life. Started with the brussel sprout salad followed by the butternut squash...I was too sated for dessert but they all looked great. Breakfast of oatmeal w/apples and brown sugar in the library with a free NY Times...life doesn't really get much better.

Alright, so there you have it. A kickin' hotel and super value for all the goodies.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I should preface this by saying that I am middle aged. I think this is really a hotel for a younger audience, so my comments may not be entirely fair to what it is trying to achieve. The decor is sub fusc art deco. It looks gorgeous but can create difficulties if you want to read. The bar - known as the library, and it has shelves of books - is so dark in the evening that to read a menu, I had to use the atmospheric candle on our table. It was the same in our room. We had a sitting room with such low lighting that to sit and read would have been impossible. The staff were very pleasant and the concierges were all really helpful. I'm surprised, however, at the reports of good service. We were a group of 5 and all commented on how long it took to get a drink or even to attract a "librarian". The same went for the restaurant, where many waiters did not equal attentive service. For us, it was too expensive to be such a mixed bag.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room. You play off the charm of circular windows against the fact that they over...