The NoMad Hotel
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$184
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$339
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$173
$152
$166
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$236
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$375
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslibrary baratelier roomclaw foot tubflatiron districtwater closetreserved for hotel guestshardwood floorsace hotelmadison square parknew yorkthe empire state buildingwalk in showergreat boutiquecool hotelrestaurants and barsluxury hotelbeautiful room
Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the moment the porter opened the door to the moment he bade me farewell, I felt at home at the NoMad.

The room was well-appointed and very clean. The bar was well-stocked. I couldn't find a speck of dust—anywhere. The bathroom was large and well-lit. The bed was comfortable and didn't smell of anything on the smell scale: bleach to basket of lavender—it just smelled crisp and fresh.

The room had a writing alcove with a desk and small couch and framed curiosities. I found the writing alcove to be a great refuge away from the hustle of the city below. "Monocle"—très hip—was on the desk—maybe too hip for me...

What wasn't too hip was the Library Bar. So many places in the City can be difficult to enter, but place a name and wait for no more than thirty minutes and entrance is easy at the Library Bar (that doesn't make it any less of bar). There are a wide range of classic to experimental drinks (the 'mixologists' are fiercely proud and a bit slow), but the drinks are strong and there's no rush.

Dinner is also very nice. Sommelieuse: knowledgeable and fetching.

I love the NoMad and I will, of course, go back. So will my Frenchie, Eloise! She loves it too!

Room Tip: Pets allowed without a surcharge. Quieter rooms are up top and away from Broadway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent a long weekend in the city to celebrate my 40th birthday with my partner and this hotel was a fabulous setting. Wonderful restaurant, a charming room with a clawfoot tub (in New York?) that went unused because the shower was luxurious and perfect, a room hung with a dozen pieces of art like a private home and a wall disguised as a screen. The bed was luxurious, deep, and true to size (not queen or full masquerading as king).

My partner wanted an excellent local bakery to bake a birthday cake, and the hotel did splendidly -- not only did they suggest and arrange a wonderful treat, they sent a bottle of Veuve Cliquot to celebrate.

Highly recommend -- I can't wait to turn another year older!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smstark
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really enjoyed the style of this hotel. It is in a beautifully restored building and the common areas are gorgeous. I stayed in the Atelier room which had a large window that overlooked Broadway. I wouldn't say that this was a bonus feature as the scenery was basically an empty old building across the street. I did not get to enjoy the restaurant or the bar, although i really wish I did.

Room Tip: I had an atelier room which overlooked Broadway and had a claw foot tub. If your choice is this or a cheaper room, I am not sure the window and the tub was worth any more expense.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we arrived last week Thursday, during aftermath of Sandy... the hotel offered their lobby and restaurant for people to charge their mobiles and laptops which is a great gesture.... but on top of that the hotel is a great place to stay... nicely decorated rooms, beds are super comfortable , actuallythe best i have ever slept in while traveling...and the service is amazing.... make sure to ask for a room off broadway and on the upper levels, since broadway can get very noisy.... great bar and restaurant, bit expensive but worth if you are in for a nice treat.... we go back....

Room Tip: off broadway side of the hotel to avoid night noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anitv
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel did a fantastic job taking care of their guests during the Hurricane Sandy week. I ended up having most of my meals in either the restaurant or the bar and the staff (put up at the hotel) never showed any fatigue or stress. They called to offer candles in case the power went out. Fortunately the hotel kept power despite being in the black out zone. They called to see if I needed dinner reservations. They extended my stay without question.
The restaurant is excellent, the bar also. The library lounge is very pleasant.
I had a standard room, which was very large, with a large bathroom, and excellent shower. Sheets and bed are also excellent. Location is good, between downtown and midtown.
Service was great, and the food also. Wonderful bartenders and cocktails. Great music in the bar. I was lucky to be stranded there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo