“Best coffee we tried in New York”
Review of Third Rail Coffee

Third Rail Coffee
Ranked #175 of 596 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My fiancée, a coffee connoisseur, had marked on her NYC map the location of the highest recommended coffee places in NYC for us to try when we came to visit. She found this place amongst others in a local blog in which it received v. high praise.

It didn't disappoint, very well ground and brewed. No bitterness, just flavour. My fiancée said it was better than our local here in Dublin. Now that's a bit too far for me, and I don't know if in the warm light of day (it was very cold in NY at the time) she stands by that, but it's high praise indeed.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went on a bit of a coffee shop pilgrimage durung my ten days in new york and third rail comes top of my list for a good cup. I had a macchiato to go. It was spot on. The staff were also friendly and helpful, so hats off to them.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of the best coffee shops I've been to. They make great espresso every time, and their pastries are good too! It's a tiny place and can get really crowded, so don't expect that you'll get a seat. I overheard one of the baristas saying they make a point of not offering free wifi so they don't have people just camped out there all day. Fine with me, I just go for the coffee anyway.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Too many coffee shops don't understand one simple fact: there is one way to make espresso and espresso-based drinks. It's a lot more science than art and there's not a lot of room for interpretation or complication. Third Rail DEFINITELY understands this. This place understands the importance of fresh beans, grind, extraction time and temperature. I've been drinking two cups a day since arriving in Greenwich Village a week ago and they are perfectly consistent. What's better, I'm always served with a smile. Highly recommended!

1  Thank peterjhinton
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Headed down to Greenwich to try out their coffee. Just fab - friendly staff, amazing blueberry muffins and great coffee!