“First time, good experience”
Review of M-Thai Restaurant

M-Thai Restaurant
Ranked #4,893 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed January 27, 2013

For a Saturday night - though chilly - the place wasn't very crowded considering the quality of the food & service, and all that foot traffic on 8th Avenue.

In what has become the "Thai district" - I count at least 5 Thai restaurants between 14th & 23rd on 8th Avenue - this place holds its own. The staff is friendly and helpful, the place has a nice ambiance (though the musak isn't to my taste) and it's quiet enough to have a nice conversation with friends.

The food is tasty and well prepared and the prices are in line with other middle-range Thai restaurants in the city.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a nice Thai meal here. The food was pretty good and well priced. The only downer was that the heating was set very high. Would go to again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

They had the best Pad Thai I've ever had, green curry was amazing and an exceptional basil ginger mojito! Very reasonable prices and beautiful decor. Service was the only thing lacking. Waiters did not seem attentive enough, possibly because there was no single person assigned to each table. Thai iced coffee forgotten until we asked about it despite being on the bill. Waiter never suggested dessert before bringing check, despite half our table wanting to order it. Ended up ordering the green tea ice cream and it was good but would have been better without the chocolate sauce drizzle, which was overpowering. Waiter did not bring check the second time until asked. Overall the food was definitely worth dealing with mediocre service.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

After having lunch at M-Thai a couple of months ago, I decided to return for dinner. I was more satisfied with lunch, in part because the specials allowed me to have an appetizer and an entree and thus to enjoy some variety at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend lunch. The peanut sauce on the dinner entree that I chose was way too sweet, the tofu was so not that I burned my mouth, and the vegetables were cold. There were a lot of vegetables, and the meal was healthier than in many local restaurants, but I would not go rushing back for another dinner. M-Thai has a nice atmosphere, is clean, and the waiters were friendly and prompt. I highly recommend the lunch specials and might give dinner another try.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent a while searching for a decent restaurant walking down 8th ave & came across this place unexpectedly.
The drinks were v good and served quickly.
I ordered the "sexy duck" and you certainly get your money's worth! It was crispy yet succulent and highly recommended. My friend had a huge red snapper which again was excellently prepared.
Cannot fault this place at all!!