“Eat EVERYTHING”
Review of Uptown Veg

Uptown Veg
Ranked #5,072 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Your not a vegan. So what! You will love this food. All the meat eaters I know love this food. Um don't bother telling them "you shouldn't eat anything with a face". That won't work. It didn't for me. From the phlourie, to the ribs, to the collard greens, to the roti bread, to the pistachio frosted cake (yes it is acutally green and nutty, vegan, and you won't care because you will want an entire cake to take home), and of course the juices, you will be comining back. Vegan food can make you fat you know. Eat EVERYTHING...in moderation of course :))!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am in love. I just found my go-to restaurant in NYC. The food is DELICIOUS! Even if I'm not in Harlem, trust and believe as long as I'm in Manhattan I will find my way up there. The food is buffet style by weight. Honestly, it's a dream if you are a vegetarian who loves to try different things, and you don't want to break the bank to do it, you have to visit this place. Even if you're not a vegetarian and just want some healthy, good food, there is a STRONG possibility that you'll still like this place as I ate there with meat eaters (and they loved it).
Unlike a lot of other buffets this restaurant is sanitary as they are very particular about making sure you wash your hands before reaching for food. The only thing I didn't try were the desserts. So, I can't say whether they are good or not, but they looked huge and bread-y, not my taste in dessert. I did have a fresh juice, and of course that was good.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through with about an hour to kill on our way from Laguardia to Connecticut on the train, and we were hungry and not too hopeful about finding a good veggie option. Wow was this place perfect! The food is incredible, and the staff is really friendly. Next time we're passing through we'll be sure to plan a stop here on purpose. Really really good food!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

One of my other reviews mentioned a horrific veggie burger; well this place knows how to do it! I am willing to take the train from CT to Harlem just to get one of their veggie burgers! It is sooooooo good!!!! I also would come just for their banana pudding! I wanted to lick the container but restrained myself!
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and willing to give you a ready smile. If you are hungry, eat here. If you're not hungry, come and get a fruit or veggie drink- freshly prepared while you watch. This place has my utmost respect and love!

1  Thank Jeanette524