“Great Place for Desert!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: SoHo
Seneca, Illinois
“Great Place for Desert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

When I was in New York City I came here after watching the TV shoe DC Cupcakes. They are located in SoHo but I wish it was closer to Times Square. Besides the fact they had AWESOME cupcakes!

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Better than others!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Love Gtown cupcakes and glad I tracked down their NY location - situated on a little side street paved with cobblestones it's almost as though they're trying to be inconspicuous which, so far, has kept there from being lines around the block (at least the two times I've been). I'm normally more of a vanilla girl but the chocolate lava fudge and chocolate with strawberry frosting are amazing!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Get Your Georgetown Cupcakes in New York!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I bought two cupcakes that day: salted caramel and red velvet. Red velvet is their #1 cupcake flavor so I had to have it right? But then I also wanted to try the caramel because they looked so good! I mean, look at the photos below! Fluffy cream with salted caramel.. Yumm.. how can I say no?

Verdict:
1. Salted Caramel Cupcake
The caramel cupcake was soooo good even if you do not eat it without the icing. However, if you eat it with the salted caramel infused buttercream then it is outrageously yummy! The frosting was so soft, rich and creamy. I felt like I was eating a caramel cloud when I first bit it. Oh gosh! It was that good! And the caramel drizzled on top makes this cupcake even more .... MIND BLOWING!

2. Red Velvet Cupcake
Love love love the cream cheese icing! Not overly sweet but enough to satisfy your sweet craving. As for the cake texture, it was very very moist! No wonder this is their best seller!

Blogging about food, travel, shopping and trend worldwide at www.thetwotales.com

Visited February 2013
1 Thank putri a
Schagen
“I didn't even know the tv series...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just stumbled upon this shoppe while discovering SoHo and was very excited about the interior. They just opened for the day and there was nobody in so I decided to go and try a Red Velvet cupcake, since I never did before.
Took it "to-go"and ate it later on our way home. I felt sorry we were too far away to get MORE! What a treat. I consider myself a cookie-monster but cupcakes never got my fancy for some reason...this cupcake changed that and all I could think about was getting another Red Velvet cake.
After trying the Red Velvet at Magnolia Bakery I was even more sure that these Georgetown cakes were right what they should be : moisty cake, not too sweet (for a chocolate cake) and a wonderful, wonderful, almost sour cheesecake topping that complimented the sweetness of the cake.
Just great! I look forward to visiting the Washington and Georgetown shops on my next trip to the US....

• Visited November 2012
Brentwood, New York
“What a great treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The cupcakes here are amazing. Never a long wait and staff are very friendly. When I'm in town a stop here is a requirement. What are you waiting for? Try the chocolate and vanilla with cream cheese frosting. You will not be disappointed