Newsies The Musical - CLOSED

Reviewed June 28, 2015
nottinghall
Weymouth, Massachusetts

1,226 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 14, 2016

This is one of my favorite musicals. I saw it 5 times. I love the almost all-guy cast... such cuties. The dancing is spectacular and the singing is unbelievable. I love almost all of the songs. I was obsessed with the movie the Newsies, and the musical does it justice. Great show, great songs, such a good time.

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Watched the show in Grand Rapids, Michigan last week while attending ArtPrize. It is fun but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed June 28, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this high-energy, wonderfully choreographed musical! Hubby .... not so much. The time frame was the late 1800's, so the production may seem to be a bit dated to some. But, for me, this was exactly what I expected and wanted. Great ensemble cast! Innovative stage production! You won't leave the theater singing any one song in particular, but the overall score was good. A wonderful evening's entertainment!

2  Thank nottinghall
Reviewed June 10, 2015

Great show for the whole family, but now it's closed. If there's a traveling version, be sure to see it.

1  Thank mark m
Reviewed May 29, 2015 via mobile

Took my daughter to see to end her 15th birthday. We loved it. While visiting Manhattan it is a definite must do. The best way to end any stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2015

I am reviewing the touring production which I had the pleasure of seeing at the Smith Center in Las Vegas and the Pantages in Los Angeles.

Great energy by the entire cast. Everyone is giving 100% and really seem to enjoy what they are doing. I enjoyed the tour more than the original Broadway Cast.

Looking forward to catching it again in Boston this summer.

2  Thank Jeremy P
Reviewed April 6, 2015

My 6 year-old son and I saw this musical just last night at Pantages Theater in Los Angeles.
We both loved it! My son loves the movie, so I was taken back a little bit with a new character (Katherine) and a lack of Kid Blink - the actually leader of Newsboys Strike. Still he loved it, and I enjoyed it much more than the movie.

The show was so energetic with great singing and acrobatic dance numbers. I also thought the dialog was really good - Katherine (played by Stephanie Styles) made this musical really Disney by being the usual Disney female lead - perky and independent like Anna and Rapunzel. Mr. Jacobi (played by Michael Gorman) was so funny. The dancers were just so amazingly great that it made me want to go back and see the show again!

5  Thank CinnamonBon
Reviewed March 24, 2015

Songs were plain and not outstanding; it was hard to understand the words and the plot was weak. The dancers were good but that is not enough to spend that type of money

Reviewed March 12, 2015

I took my son to Newsies last night. What a great fast paced energenic musical. The actors were a triple threat with great dancing, acting and singing. A great show.

3  Thank Lynne A
Reviewed February 7, 2015

I went into this play not knowing much about the story and was blown away by the performances. The singing was wonderful but the dancing really put it over the top. I would love to see it again.

8  Thank bunky36669