“Worth the wait for Cronuts”

Dominique Ansel Bakery
Ranked #20 of 387 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
“Worth the wait for Cronuts”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I went there on Thanksgiving day, cause I figured it's gonna be less people, which was true. Got there at 6:45 and had like 20 people in front of me. I highly recommend to go with a friend or make friends among the people in the line - the time goes by faster. At 7 they came out with hot chocolate for everyone in the line and with petite madeleines and that was really nice and professional.
I got two cronuts, this month's flavor is Dulce de Leche, and they were terrific. You gotta love them. The texture is great, not too crispy not too soft, the cream inside is fantastic and all put together is something that you must try. It melts in your mouth. It's just sensational!
And the line can actually be fun if you're not very grumpy in the morning.
I also got the DKA, which is another great pastry - but that you can find at anytime in the bakery.
The flavor in December is supposed to be amazing so... I'm looking forward to go get it again.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“YUM”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this bakery while exploring SoHo, an amazing find. Tried the grilled cheese which was ok, but the magic soufflé and frozen s'more were amazing- made my day. Went back on my last day in NY just to have the frozen s'more one last time. Wanted to try the famous cronuts but they were sold out on both visits.

Portland, Oregon
“Cronut = Crack Donut”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Don't miss out on the cronuts at Dominique Ansel Bakery. We had the Dulce de Leche flavor of the month and I rode that euphoria all. day. long. My life will never be the same.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank tzoradi
Sweden
“Top-class Pâtisserie in NYC”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a big fan of French Pâtisseries. I have been to several ones, including many top-of-the-range. To keep things short, Dominique Ansel's bakery instantly became one of my favorites. The creations are very original and absolutely delicious. I especially liked the souffle, although the DKA and the madeleines were also excellent. The coffee was very good as well, considering that sometimes it can be difficult to find good espresso in NYC.

Overall a great place that cannot be missed during a trip to NYC.

• Visited November 2013
Huntington, WV
“Out of this world desserts”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was determined to go to this bakery after seeing it on television before going to NYC. I went for the Cronut, however I found out you had to be there at 6 am to stand in line to get one. So I decided to try the Frozen S'more instead and WOW was I in for the best thing I have ever eaten for dessert. It was not only delicious but an experience. The description is ice cream rolled in a chocolate cookie crumbs and then put in homemade marshmallow. After I stood in line then paid for it I watched while they scorched it with a flame. It was a melted, gooey, scrumptious confection. I also ordered the Cannele' de Bordeaux which I have never seen or tasted before, however, I am so glad I tried it. The only way I could describe it is to say it is a cookie cake. I would go anywhere to try any one of these goodies again. They also had wonderful looking food but I had already had lunch, so sadly I did not get to try anything. We sat outside and enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013