“YUM”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this bakery while exploring SoHo, an amazing find. Tried the grilled cheese which was ok, but the magic soufflé and frozen s'more were amazing- made my day. Went back on my last day in NY just to have the frozen s'more one last time. Wanted to try the famous cronuts but they were sold out on both visits.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Don't miss out on the cronuts at Dominique Ansel Bakery. We had the Dulce de Leche flavor of the month and I rode that euphoria all. day. long. My life will never be the same.

2  Thank tzoradi
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a big fan of French Pâtisseries. I have been to several ones, including many top-of-the-range. To keep things short, Dominique Ansel's bakery instantly became one of my favorites. The creations are very original and absolutely delicious. I especially liked the souffle, although the DKA and the madeleines were also excellent. The coffee was very good as well, considering that sometimes it can be difficult to find good espresso in NYC.

Overall a great place that cannot be missed during a trip to NYC.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was determined to go to this bakery after seeing it on television before going to NYC. I went for the Cronut, however I found out you had to be there at 6 am to stand in line to get one. So I decided to try the Frozen S'more instead and WOW was I in for the best thing I have ever eaten for dessert. It was not only delicious but an experience. The description is ice cream rolled in a chocolate cookie crumbs and then put in homemade marshmallow. After I stood in line then paid for it I watched while they scorched it with a flame. It was a melted, gooey, scrumptious confection. I also ordered the Cannele' de Bordeaux which I have never seen or tasted before, however, I am so glad I tried it. The only way I could describe it is to say it is a cookie cake. I would go anywhere to try any one of these goodies again. They also had wonderful looking food but I had already had lunch, so sadly I did not get to try anything. We sat outside and enjoyed.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dominique Ansel is not just for cronuts, which, if you can get them, are indeed amazing. However, everything else is amazing too -- from the signature DKA to the almond croissants to any of the pastries, you really can't go wrong here. Everyone who works here is friendly and helpful and the line moves right along. Right now, Dominique Ansel is without a doubt, the best patisserie in New York!