“Out of this world desserts”

Dominique Ansel Bakery
Ranked #19 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Huntington, WV
“Out of this world desserts”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was determined to go to this bakery after seeing it on television before going to NYC. I went for the Cronut, however I found out you had to be there at 6 am to stand in line to get one. So I decided to try the Frozen S'more instead and WOW was I in for the best thing I have ever eaten for dessert. It was not only delicious but an experience. The description is ice cream rolled in a chocolate cookie crumbs and then put in homemade marshmallow. After I stood in line then paid for it I watched while they scorched it with a flame. It was a melted, gooey, scrumptious confection. I also ordered the Cannele' de Bordeaux which I have never seen or tasted before, however, I am so glad I tried it. The only way I could describe it is to say it is a cookie cake. I would go anywhere to try any one of these goodies again. They also had wonderful looking food but I had already had lunch, so sadly I did not get to try anything. We sat outside and enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Best pastries in New York”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dominique Ansel is not just for cronuts, which, if you can get them, are indeed amazing. However, everything else is amazing too -- from the signature DKA to the almond croissants to any of the pastries, you really can't go wrong here. Everyone who works here is friendly and helpful and the line moves right along. Right now, Dominique Ansel is without a doubt, the best patisserie in New York!

• Visited November 2013
Canton, Connecticut
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are in the city a couple of times a month and having heard so much about the cronut thought it would be fun to try it out.

Couple things to know...
1. On Sunday they don't open until 9 but people start lining up very early
2. There is a flavor month
3. Currently only two per person
4. You don't have to wait in line if you don't want a cronut

This being said, we waited in line for 3 hours. It was a beautiful fall morning so the weather was nice and we had nice company all around us so it wasn't really that bad. I thought it was as orderly a process as it could possibly be. We got so lucky because the flavor of the month for November was salted Dulche de Leche which was delicious. They were nice and crisp but not overly sweet. Definitely worth the wait ... we wouldn't stand in that crazy line again but it was fun to do it once :)

• Visited November 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Possibly perfect pastries..this side of Paris”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were advised to visit this spot, even if they were out of Crownuts. Alas, they were but it was worth a visit. Frozen toasted marshmellows...and I forget the rest. Sit outside for a calm experience. Customer service was amazing.

• Visited October 2013
Bengaluru, India
“Bakery must visit”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Lots of people waiting in the queue,rain or shine to buy Cronuts from this Bakery. This is the only place we get tasty Cronuts. But it will be sold out before you get it. But there are other great items and soups in the bakery. One should have the patience and inclination to stand in the long queues. Enjoy your Cronuts.

• Visited September 2013