“OH My - my tastebuds are extremely excited!”
Review of Epicerie Boulud

Epicerie Boulud
Ranked #1,345 of 14,430 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 64th Street
Transit: Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center subway stops are within blocks of the restaurant. Local Broadway bus lines stop directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Opened in 2011 the flagship location of Chef Daniel's Épicerie Boulud is located on Manhattan's Upper West Side at Broadway and 64th Street. The eat-in/take-out market offers the chef's signature house-made charcuterie and a selection of artisanal cheeses, alongside home-made soups, salads, sandwiches, fresh baked breads, pastries and more. On the shelves you'll find house-made gourmet foods and a selection of condiments selected by Daniel and his chefs in their world travels. Daytime at the Epicerie starts with breakfast, followed by lunch, followed by irresistible gelati, pastry and coffee in the afternoon. In the evening, oysters, wines by the glass and a daily seasonal plat du jour making it a gathering place for Upper West Side neighbors and Lincoln Center theater goers alike.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stopped in here instead of going to another restaurant in the area for a quick bite and boy am I glad! The place is inviting as well as "tempting" with all the delicous foods and delicacies on display! I ordered the "Quiche Legume" (I think that's the spelling) and was pleasantly surprised with the delicous taste of spinach, broccolli and cheese. A perfect blend! Adding this one to my list of favorites when I'm in NYC!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I love the vast majority of the food I taste here. I usually go for the terrines, especially the seasonal wild game meats. I've tried several of the sandwiches which were excellent. My only disappointment so far was the Pain Bagnat (Surprisingly!). I grew up in Nice and I remember the Pain Bagnat was completely different. When I saw that they had it here, I ordered one immediately as I missed it from my school days when a vending truck used to sell them in the parking lot. For starters I missed it being in a baguette. Also, I found this sanwich to be a bit on the soggy side. I wish this sandwich was made to order right there and then instead of being pre-prepared. Never mind, a Pain Bagnat is very easy to make. It is basically a salad Nicoise on bread. I should get my butt over to a good french bakery to buy my bread of choice and make one myself. Next time, I must try the sausages & hotdogs which look and smell delicious, especially the Merguez which I also miss from the good old days.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

There seems to be a greater attention to food preparation than in the past. Recent trips have featured made to order excellent sandwiches. The lobster roll, while not quite equal to a lobster pound, is much improved. Great alternative to the food at Lincoln Center. We buy sandwiches and eat them at intermission. Breakfast is also quite good with wonderful bacon in egg/cheese rolls.

1  Thank Peter V
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place is very pleasant. It has a refined atmosphere even though it was designed for a quick visit (either to buy food to go, or for a quick bite on-site).

Given its name and location, the prices are high, but this is directly related to the high-quality of the food on offer.

Something I really did not like is that they only provide plastic cutlery to eat in. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than eating a gourmet dessert with a plastic fork or spoon. It destroys the experience!!! That is the only reason why I did not give them an excellent rating.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

a good place to grab a salad or a slice of quiche and to eat it standing up at a table. Or to bring home